What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-11551-14489822145382_thumb.jpg

Hadn't made purchase since January. So I figured this would be a nice one to get me back in the game.

[ATTACH]20504[/ATTACH]

Hadn't made purchase since January. So I figured this would be a nice one to get me back in the game.

Post some tasting notes when you open it!

[ATTACH]20504[/ATTACH]

Would be a nice one to try.

Post some tasting notes when you open it!

2nd that.....................

I don't shop nearly as much as I used to but I needed to re-up on a few things so I stopped by my #1 and picked up a handle of OWA, and 750's of EWBIB, EWSB '14, ECBP and WTRB. While chatting with my buddy a I asked if he had any interesting stouts laying around as that the only type of beer I follow but dont ever hunt for, he ran in back and gave me a KBS and a Dogfish Head Workd Wide Stout. I was shocked and thankful. Loyalty pays.

I had to go to Louisville for work so I picked up 4 bottles of HHBiB and 2 bottles and a handle of Old Fitzgerald BiB.

While looking for a CEHT Cured Oak (futile), I found a stash of CEHT SmB at the new low price of $44.99. I figured I would eventually get around to it at $35.99, but a 25% increase!?! I got one to try, but I doubt it will be a repeat purchase at that price.

While looking for a CEHT Cured Oak (futile), I found a stash of CEHT SmB at the new low price of $44.99. I figured I would eventually get around to it at $35.99, but a 25% increase!?! I got one to try, but I doubt it will be a repeat purchase at that price.

Picked up a bit of an oddity today. SAOS store pick 9yr BP bourbon at the extra low barrel proof of 99.8 proof. I emailed Smooth Ambler about it and John Foster confirmed that they had a run of barrels with an unusually low proof. Very curious to try this one.

Picked up a fifth of Ezra Brooks Black and a fifth of Bulleit Rye. I've never had either, but am excited to try the Bulleit Rye this weekend. The only other rye I've had is Old Overholt, so I am anxious to try the 95% rye mashbill of Bulleit.

Was able to finally track down a CEHT Small Batch at a normal price. Haven't opened it yet but I am looking forward to it.

Edited by jackthedog

I had to go to Louisville for work so I picked up 4 bottles of HHBiB and 2 bottles and a handle of Old Fitzgerald BiB.

Sorry, newb question. Is Old Fitz BIB only available in Kentucky?

I have liked every expression of CEHT I have tried (and I have tried everything except the Sour Mash) , so I am confident you are right. But something sticks in my craw when it was $35.99 a few weeks ago and is $44.99 today. I can get ER10/HMcK10 for less money and Blanton's for just a little bit more, so it has some tough competition.

Small Batch is pretty good and was one of my early favorites but I've recently come around to believing it's not worth the price if it's above $40. Even $40 flat is a stretch for this one.

[ATTACH]20508[/ATTACH]

Tasted it last night and went back for two more.

Yeah, if it's anything like the BTEC it came from, It's got to be quite good. I hope I'll find one of these, but not holding my breath.

Yeah, if it's anything like the BTEC it came from, It's got to be quite good. I hope I'll find one of these, but not holding my breath.

It's one of those bottles that I loved from opening sip. I can only imagine the lusciousness after it opens up a bit. Im about to post my tasting notes in cured oak thread.

Picked up a FR 2014 LE Small Batch. Completely random that it's shown up so late, i didnt expect to even see them.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!