What Bourbon did you purchase today? / Spring 2015

kjbeggs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Vanilla Bean Bowman apparently drifted into town last week while I was out of town but I was fortunate to have one get put aside for me now that I have returned.

The Vanilla Bean Bowman apparently drifted into town last week while I was out of town but I was fortunate to have one get put aside for me now that I have returned.

Picked up another Booker's 2014-6 for the bunker today. Tough to say no when I see the batch#

Decided to pull the trigger on the newish Beams. Picked up a bottle of the Rye and Bonded. Also, snagged a bottle of Operation Homefront "old label" Beam for my Beam bottle collection.

Went looking for Beam Black 8yr "double aged" and all I found was the new nas "extra aged". Came home with a Wathen's single barrel.

While on my road trip through SC and GA today and with the helpful guidance of a couple of SB'rs (thanks!) I was able to pick up two separate 4R Store Selects both OBSV but different ages, a Store Select Russels Reserve that I didn't expect to buy but after tasting I couldn't pass up, CEHTSmB and CEHTSB that were well priced and well I only had three in the bunker and one of those was already open... ;)

Stopped at a old Mom N Pop Gas Station/ Liquor store this morning.

Found PVW 20, !5, Lot B and 2 ORVW 10, all at MSRP!!!

:lol:

Found another bottle of OWA 107. Also spotted a bottle of Very Old Barton on the bottom shelf. At $13.95 I scarfed that up too!

Stopped at a old Mom N Pop Gas Station/ Liquor store this morning.

Found PVW 20, !5, Lot B and 2 ORVW 10, all at MSRP!!!

:lol:

wow, awesome find!

wow, awesome find!

Donuts, note the date this "find" was posted... :cool:

Donuts, note the date this "find" was posted... :cool:

ugh, not here too! I'm already having to duck my facebook feed due to too many hoaxes being posted

Stopped in to a store I hadn't been yet and was blown away by the selection. Grabbed OWA107 that I have had and liked, 4RSmB that I had once at a bar and enjoyed, and a couple small bottles of ones I haven't had yet: WT101 and Bulleit Rye:

FzviZOZ.png

Stopped in to a store I hadn't been yet and was blown away by the selection. Grabbed OWA107 that I have had and liked, 4RSmB that I had once at a bar and enjoyed, and a couple small bottles of ones I haven't had yet: WT101 and Bulleit Rye:

Nice selection. Hopefully you found the OWA at state minimum this time.

Yes, I corrected that other previous thread. I was mistakenly thinking of the prices I had paid for 1792 as being in the $30's which makes me feel good since the one store I knew was not pricing at state min but had a good selection and the other one that did have the 1792 at state min I really like. This new place today seemed to have proper state min prices from the one or two I checked while there, will double check these bottles in a bit to be sure.

Nicely done Hop. A ton of good bourbon and none of it breaks the bank.

Was running low on WT101 so picked up another bottle this morning. To my surprise, the store had the older label WT101 (I think the new labels came in 2011?

In any case, I am sure both taste equally delicious.

Bought a bottle of bowman brothers at the a. Smith Bowman distillery today. Can't wait till the new Abraham bowman comes out. Will be making another drive down there when it comes out.

I hit up two stores yesterday after work. Found several good deals and interesting finds for beer but I also purchased a SAOS Rye (7 yr) and another Weller 12 for the bunker since it was $26 and surprisingly still in stock. One more store to check today...maybe I'll find CEHT Cured Oak! :rolleyes:

A side note, my current bottle of Weller 12 is almost gone and I think the flavor has changed significantly since it was opened. I feel the sweetness has faded and the oak is more forward now, and it tastes drier. Perhaps I'll put my next bottle in a smaller container after a while to preserve it better, as I prefer the initial taste. Something I've noticed with BT and ER10 as well. ETL seems unaffected.

Jason

I would be surprised also by the 750 MMCS. Only seen it

in 375ML. Picked up a bottle of WELLER 12. Has not been in stock for over a year

and you have to ask for it!:bigeyes:

i was gun shopping in bardstown today, and thought Id stop in JB's gift shop to see if they had any of the new green label 90 proof rye, as I've been wanting to try it, but no one carries it here in Louisville, or at least not yet. They did, and once this nasty cold gets out of my chest, I'll tear into it and see.

Surprisingly found a 750ml MMCS

What was the price on that? I've been hoping it will show up under $50 since I can get the 375s for $29.99, but that may be too optimistic.

What was the price on that? I've been hoping it will show up under $50 since I can get the 375s for $29.99, but that may be too optimistic.

I think $44.99 would be an appropriate price for a 750 ml since MM is in the low $20s and MM46 is around $30. I like it but its not $70 per 750 good.

$29.99 is pretty good for the 375s. I have seen it for $34.99 in Indy, Chicago and KY. I know that V&T sent out a mass e-mail selling it for $39.99, which is too high. I saw it on the shelf in KY.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!