What rye did you purchase today Spring/Summer 2015?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How much did you have to pay and can you PM me the store info assuming it's under $50?

nevermind, just google searched it and doubt it's under $50 here with our stupid liquor taxes. Let us know how you like it either way.

Snagged a couple more Dickel rye's for the bunker today after passing on most all of the usual suspects.

Rolling thru Bowling Green, picked up a SAOS 8yr.

With a little work I could make that a haiku.

...eh, too drunk.

Edited by jbowl

Rolling thru Bowling Green, picked up a SAOS 8yr.

With a little work I could make that a haiku.

...eh, too drunk.

I picked up a Ritt on Sunday, and got an Alberta Dark a week or two ago for the bunker as well. These won't get opened until I work thru the open Templeton and unopened Dickel in my 'on deck' cabinet.

Picked up a CEHT Straight Rye. Never had this so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Picked up a CEHT Straight Rye. Never had this so I'm looking forward to trying it.

I like it because it is a very tasty rye but since the price went to $79 I've avoided in favor of several others.

Hope you enjoy it too. Cheers.

I think it is truly one of the best readily available ryes. Too bad the price is so high. I need to grab one on sale sometime . . .

I recently got this on sale for 53. It is a damn fine rye.

Picked up two staples for the bunker, a Four Roses Yellow Label and an OGD Bonded 100 Proof.

KC rye on sale? Why yes...I'll take that. A $5 off coupon... in addition to the sale price? Oh... let me go back and get another one while I'm at it!

KC rye on sale? Why yes...I'll take that. A $5 off coupon... in addition to the sale price? Oh... let me go back and get another one while I'm at it!

It normally runs in the mid-$30s in Indiana. I found some in Covington in the mid-$20s a few weeks ago. It is probably overpriced at the normal price but anything in the mid-$20s or lower is a great price. I really like it.

It normally runs in the mid-$30s in Indiana. I found some in Covington in the mid-$20s a few weeks ago. It is probably overpriced at the normal price but anything in the mid-$20s or lower is a great price. I really like it.

Felt like I had (almost) gone back in time a couple of years. $21.99 out the door!

Thanks to a fellow SB'er (thanks Kev!) I snagged a store select WP 10yr cask strength. Also picked up a GD rye, a BT rye white dog, and a HH Trybox Rye New Make. Want to do a comparison with the two rye dogs and the George Washington unaged rye I picked up earlier this month (all diluted to 80 proof to level the playing field).

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a barrel select of Ravenswood Rye on a recommendation. I have not tried it yet and I am not expecting much as it has to be pretty young.

Old Overholt. $16. See if I like it as much as RittBIB.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Old Overholt. $16. See if I like it as much as RittBIB.

I'll be shocked if you do and would love to see the look on your face when you first taste the OO. :cool:

I have been surprised at the number of bars and clubs in the south that have Old Overholt as their well rye. And upscale places, too. I ordered a sazerac cocktail at Arnaud's French 75 Bar in N.O., and out came the OO.

Picked up a bottle of Pikesville Rye. It was cheap enough to roll the dice.

Picked up a bottle of SAOS 8 year BP. It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be ($64.99 v. $59.99) but I didn't feel like complaining over $5. I am drinking an open bottle of another SAOS 8 year BP right now and I like it well enough to pay $65 to have a bottle in the bunker. The bottle I have open was $45 in KY.

Picked up a bottle of store selected Whistle Pig 11 year cask strength. Popped it open and enjoying the first pour in a glencarin currently.

Great pick and looking forward to it opening up more. Pretty heavy towards the minty/herbal side which I expect from this store and was hoping for having had quite a bit of their SAOS Rye barrel. The mouthfeel reminds me of my Blantons Straight from the Barrel, nice and viscus.

Picked up a bottle of Pikesville Rye. It was cheap enough to roll the dice.

Is that the new, higher-proof (103?) Pikesville? Is that even out yet?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!