Ridgewood Reserve Expanding

Marvin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Since I have always been a VOB fan, at least for the past 6 or 7 years, it makes me very excited that the sales are brisk and on a steady incline for the Ridgewood 1792, and they are going to expand their distribution areas. From what I hear, it has increased dramatically since the lawsuit brought about by Brown and Forman. I am sure when bourbonlovers taste this magnificant bourbon they will quickly realize it is not the lawsuit but a fine bourbon - and a fine bourbon it is. Three cheers for VOB bowdown.gifbowdown.giftoast.gif to all.

Cheers,

Marvin

Maybe, just MAYBE, could they please expand into Ohio! I would love to be able to get this fine bottling close to home.

TomC

Barton's 1792 is a must buy on each annual pilgrimage to bourbon mecca!

I agree with that entirely....I hear of great bourbons being available hundreds of miles from Ky yet we here in Ohio never get them unless we drive there. Why are we shut out when we are so close? Mark McGuire could hit a ball from Ky to Ohio but apparently it is impossible to ship top shelf bourbon the same distance. I would love to try the Ridgewood Reserve...can't wait...I will get it on my next trip to the bluegrass...

The problem is that Ohio practices socialized liquor sales. The state strictly limits the number of products it will list (i.e., make available), so getting a product listed in Ohio is difficult and expensive. Hence it's not worth it for a small volume product and even less so for a limited time product.

On the whole the distillers have done well by us this year. Replays of OFBB and Stagg, Jeffersons that came out of the blue, seemingly to me, A Peter Jakes is available at Toddy's, A new limited package for Jim Beam Black label. I will go on a limb and proclaim Ridgewood Reserve 1792 Barrel Select as the pick of the litter!

Several reasons,

Number 1, A small batch from Barton, their first!

Number 2, Reasonable price, this is accessable to the common man, maybe not an everyday pour, but easily one could have this almost as much as things like Maker's and Woodford.

Number 3, The packaging, Brown Forman Lawsuit notwithstanding, is superb.

It is easy to drool over the stars of Bourbon, This Ridgewood Reserve makes a credible entrance, and is a very welcomed choice available to us.

Thank you Barton,

Best wishes to Bill Friel as well.

<font color="blue"> Good God Give Willie " Big Eyes" Smith Some </font>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.