Pappy Van Wink and other infused cigars

ThirstyinOhio
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone tried the Pappy Van Wink cigars from Drew Estates? How about any other bourbon infused cigars, be it the Maker's Mark or some other cigar. I've only had one MM cigar, but it was not kept properly was way dried out. I got absolutely no hints of bourbon in it at all, but I don't know if that was simply because of it not being stored properly or not.

I don't know a damn thing about cigars, but I've had a Blanton's which was pretty good. Granted, it was after a whisky tasting so that might have had an affect on my perceptions.

When I smoke cigars, it's usually of the smaller, flavored pipe tobacco variety. I was gifted a MM cigar a while back. It was pretty good IMHO.

• 3 months later...

Is there a website to buy some of the Pappy or Blantons cigars? I don't smoke, but I know somebody that does me has been looking.

Not an expert on either bourbon or cigars but an enthusiast for both. I suggest you take the approach you see so often here for bourbon and not chase the gimmicks but find good quality standard offerings and pair them well. Some that are typically well received and reasonably priced that I can recommend are

Beginner/occasional - Oliva Connecticut or RomaCraft EC

Intermediate/medium - most of the RomaCraft lines (intemperance BA, cromagnon), Crowned heads Jericho Hill

Full - Tatuaje brown or black label or Oliva Serie V

cigar industry is full of non producers similar to bourbon NDP so make sure you do a little research before buying in to the hype.

Infused cigars are like flavoured whiskey. You either like it or you don't.

I don't.

Infused cigars are like flavoured whiskey. You either like it or you don't.

I don't.

I was trying to think of a concise way to say it and you just about nailed it. However, unlike bourbon I have enjoyed the occasional infused cigar but my tastes trend more away from that category.

I much more comfortable generalizing about cigar smokers then bourbon drinkers

but again, in general, the 20-somethings are more likely to smoke infused cigars

then us old guys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.