Need Suggestions Buying A Rye - Which Two of These Would You Buy? - Only Two

johnnyflake45
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...

those are 3 great choices. You may want to compare the Bulleit to the GD as someone mentioned, a very interesting twist. and if you like the HW, keep an eye out for the HW Double Rye.

Well guys, Saturday, I finally opened one of the Ryes I had purchased. It is the Dickel Rye. I had 2 pours of it and was not impressed. I was picking up a lot of Lemon, Spice and vanilla with some oak. I really did not start to get that Rye Flavor Profile until the last few sips of each pour. Tonight, I also went through 2 pours, I am actually still working on the 2nd, however, tonight I used my double pour method and am I ever loving this now. It seemed to open up from the first sip, lots & lots of a distinct Rye Flavor Profile with nice hints of Oak, Vanilla and Cinnamon. Dam this is really good stuff!

Interesting. I have a Dickel Rye on deck unopened, a Templeton Rye I need to work thru and a Rittenhouse I opened for a vatting combo that I haven't tried neat yet.

High West Rendezvous and Bulliet/Dickel (I think they are the same juice.)

i find Rittenhouse to be unremarkable and won't buy another bottle anytime soon. Haven't tried Templetons or Jefferson and have no plans to, since they both have overwhelming flavors of marketing and profit margin.

High West Rendezvous and Bulliet/Dickel (I think they are the same juice.)QUOTE]

Probably just my old taste buds but I find them nowhere near alike. The GD has much more of a mint flavor and spice than the Bulliet.

High West Rendezvous and Bulliet/Dickel (I think they are the same juice.)QUOTE]

Probably just my old taste buds but I find them nowhere near alike. The GD has much more of a mint flavor and spice than the Bulliet.

I do find them somewhat similar, but the dickel is noticeably punchier. I think dickel works better in cocktails for that reason as well as price.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.