Luau-Themed Bourbon Coctails???

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm going to a Luau-themed Birthday and was asked to bring some sort of punch/cocktail. Does anyone know a recipe that could produce about a gallon to put in decanter that involves bourbon. Maybe pineapple-infused bourbon? If not, some other sort of luau punch.

Thanks, Enoch

I'd try a variation of the pocket watch, original recipe is this:

1.5 oz rye

1.5 oz apple cider

1 oz lemon juice

3/4 oz demerara syrup

4-5 dashes angostura

This is like adult lemonade, really tasty and refreshing in the summer. I'd experiment with pineapple juice instead of the apple cider. You may be able to cut back on the demerara syrup too. Sub in bourbon if you like. Sounds like some fun research to me!

I always like to defer to the good professor Wondrich for punch ideas.

Chatham Artillery Punch - More volume than you wanted and a bit of effort required but fairly easy to scale down and quite tasty!

Ingredients

12 lemons

2 cups light, raw sugar

750-milliliter bottle cognac

750-milliliter bottle bourbon

750-milliliter bottle Jamaica rum

3 750-milliliter bottles Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled

5 pound bag cracked ice

Procedures

Using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, peel the lemons, being careful to remove only the yellow peel and not the bitter white pith.

Place the peels in a bowl, add the sugar and muddle to combine. Set aside for at least half an hour, preferably an hour, to let the flavors combine.

While the lemon peel is resting, juice the lemons to make two cups lemon juice. After the lemon peel has rested, add lemon juice to the bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Strain the mixture into an empty 750mL bottle.

Add water to the bottle to fill, seal it, give it a little shake and refrigerate this shrub until you're ready to make your punch.

To serve, fill your large (2.5 gallon) punch bowl with cracked ice. (At this point, move your punch bowl to its party-time location, as it will be very difficult to move when it's full of punch.)

Pour the shrub and all of the bottles of cognac, bourbon, rum and sparkling wine onto the ice. Stir to combine. Serve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.