What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Now that it is summer and I have my dangerous morning work completed on my day off, I'll enjoy a pour of WLW 126.6. What a wonderful bourbon.

Enjoy the day, enjoy the season.

Kicked off the season with some KC at a work function, standard 100p but I am very curious about the 120p version. I do enjoy the standard KC even though I don't have a bottle at home, its a go to at bars, functions...

Decided to go with some ETL Comm since I wanted something lower proof with it being so hot and it seems a little off tonight. Not quite as fruity as I remembered, but tons of spice tonight. Must be me, not the whiskey.

Now that it is summer and I have my dangerous morning work completed on my day off, I'll enjoy a pour of WLW 126.6. What a wonderful bourbon.

Enjoy the day, enjoy the season.

I never, ever tire of seeing just which WLW you might pour, or, when you will pour it. Nice Will. :cool:

It's probably a good thing we don't live closer to each other. :rolleyes:

As for me, I'm having a couple of pours of plain old BT. It's fitting the bill quite nicely tonight thank you. :yum:

Cheers! Joe

Had a couple fingers of RHF on the rocks. Needed to cool it down a touch with it being so humid here.. I only like to get sun drunk at Cubs games...not in my backyard.

having some 1792 after having a first taste at a horrible whiskey fest this weekend. loved the tasting, not the fest tho

KCSB cut to about 105 proof. Plenty of maple syrup and cinammon. Good stuff...this might become a regular pour.

A big pour of one of my Alberta Dark Rye vattings over an ice ball on this hot evening while watching True Detective. Had an ounce leftover that went into my last pours decanter now having some OGDBIB out of the fridge.

A Four Roses Barrel Pick of the OBSV recipe. There is a reason they use the OBSV for the standard single barrel...delicious!

Four Roses Single Barrel TPS bottle. Followed it up with a Old Pulteney 21. Both good pours.

Edited by oke&coke

Bourbon whiskey is great whiskey and summer day is beautiful days to enjoy this.

Started out with a pour of 2003 EWSB, a 10 year 8 month bottle so on the older side of EWSB. I am a big fan of the 2003 EWSB, and this older bottle kicks it up a notch with a bit more oak than usual. Just a great pour for under $30.

Moved on to a pour of Stagg Jr. Batch 4, 132.2. This is opening up quite nicely with some airtime, and is definitely continuing the positive vibes from Batch 3. Very drinkable without cutting, but works well cut also. Great flavors, but it still has a touch of what I would call the typical Stagg Jr. bitterness (just enough to add some character, without ruining the pour IMO). Very glad BT got the Stagg Jr. sorted out.

Didn't get a chance to post this the other night:

Fresh popcorn with brown sugar butter, and a Booker's 2014-07 with just a touch of water (2 oz Bookers, ~1/4 oz water).

Ended up being too much popcorn, but it was worth it. The combo was fantastic.

Last night enjoyed a pour of KC, OC10 and finished with Koval Oat (which after my 4th revisit, I cant stand. dumped it out).

My dad just got back from a trip to Montana. He brought home a bottle of Fireweed. Its bourbon with cherry brandy. 80 proof. I had a small pour this afternoon. It had a LOT of cherry. Not overly sweet, but the cherry overpowered. Interesting, but not high on my list.

just bought around 12-15 bottles to get me through the summer. Tried the WLW Special reserve today. Better than OWA and W12, I think, but not as good as SB-blend.

Looking forward to trying my KC9 and KC"Patiently aged", side by side.

Some Knob Creek at a business dinner, that just didn't hit quite right (me wonders if they may have watered it a bit)

4RSB, So yummy. This bottle is getting low, glad I got another SB and SmB down stairs. Probably going to have a pour of Woodward* next so I compare/contrast the two.

I also started soaking the stave that came with my WT101 cocktail kit so that should be interesting to try in 4 days or so and compare to the un-soaked remainder of the bottle.

*That woodward is tasty stuff, and I like supporting local businesses but not sure about it at $40 when thinking back on my last bottle of 4RSmB for example.

On to a 1:1 vatting of OWA/W12 I mingled a week or so ago. Tasty stuff. Will let it mingle a bit longer then compare it to the 3:2 mingle I did a month or so ago.

And back to the 4RSB. So perfect. Can't wait till my vaca trip to their distillery and stores in between to find some other recipes.

Edited by fozzy71

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!