What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Knob Creek Single Barrel Binnys Barrel 1487. First time diving into knob creek and this is highly enjoyable. Might need to pick up another bottle from a different barrel from their selection. $40 128proof, over 10 years in the barrel. This is really nice on a long finalize the budget, then run, mow the yard, now listen to some Tito Puente to unwind type of day.

My palate has been in a heightened state the past couple days and bourbons I usually like have been exceptional above an beyond the norm. It's extended to RR10yr which has always been just "OK" but tonight was amazing. I don't know what's going on but I wish I knew how to lock this in. Followed with a freshly cracked KCSB and the first few sips were meh, but then I adjusted and the salted caramel thing I always get with this showed up. ECBP was next and was stellar as always. I didn't plan on a Tuesday being epic but here we are and it was. When the palate decides to deliver like Santa Claus one is obliged to run like Forrest Gump.

Vintage 17 tonight. Nice to be back to the home bar.

B

Nice choice, having me some tonight. One or two more pours of this bottle then I am down to one.

In honor of BOTM I had several pours of EC12, delicious. I kept wanting to have a pour of ECSB but held off.

Last night enjoyed some pho with '13 LotB. Finished the evening with EWSB13 and OGD114.

Revisiting Velentine's Woodward tonight. It is pretty darn tasty for local 4yr old. Looking at my whiskeybase list and thinking about walking downstairs to grab something new to open next. Most of the stuff down there I have had before so I am leaning towards the Bernheim* Wheat.

*I opened it, and I like it. Quite smooth, especially on the finish. Nice summer sipper. I got a lot of open wheater's right now with the 3 Wellers I opened for various vattings. and haven't drank much of neat.

Edited by fozzy71
*edit to add

Last night . . . Mellow Corn BIB followed by OGD114 . . . nice progression.

That sounds like my kind of night. Well done. Have you tried Mellow Corn in the frig? That's how I drink it in the summer.

Old Weller Antique (paper label) and a nightcap of WLW '08. Perfect bourbon evening!

That sounds like my kind of night. Well done. Have you tried Mellow Corn in the frig? That's how I drink it in the summer.

No, but I'll give it a shot . . . 98 here today . . . sounds like a good idea.

Some 4RSB at CHOPS yesterday (very nice KB) and the night before was some 4RPS OESF. Now that OESF gets rationed out so I don't go through it too fast. I LOVE me some 4 roses but that one and the first 4RPS bottle I ever had (a GS OBSO) are my top 1&2 ever. This OESF blows me away every single time. If I had known how much I would love that bourbon when there was a shelf full of em in front of me I would have loaded up my truck. Needless to say when I went to it again the other night, I kinda liked it!! I may shed a tear when that bottle finally empties.

Last night I had several pours of my "last pour" vatting decanter. If could have a label printed I expect this bottle would bring in more than a Pappy.

Put a large dent in it as well.

Some FRSB OBSO . . . picking a favorite recipe is a little like picking your favorite child; I mean - you love them all "equally" (but when push comes to shove . . . you know . . . :lol:) That's my OBSO :D

Having at least a couple of pours of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel. Ended up finishing this bottle.

Nothing special just a little SAOS 10. The bottle seems to be improving the longer it is open.

Having a glass of some FR PS OESO. Light cherry and apricot notes with a touch of vanilla. Hitting the spot tonight.

A little bit of PMP. Told myself I was only gonna have one but might need one more cuz it was so good.

A nice pour of Baker's...

...and finished off the night with my rebel bourbon Johnny Drum Private Reserve followed by just a sip of Woodford Reserved Double Oak...

It has been a good day...good night.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!