What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

post-11551-14489822542903_thumb.jpg

My wife got me and decanter and whisky glass set for Father's Day. Cleaned it out and filled it with a bottle of Heaven Hill 6 BIB. It's a happy Friday.

[ATTACH]21136[/ATTACH]

My wife got me and decanter and whisky glass set for Father's Day. Cleaned it out and filled it with a bottle of Heaven Hill 6 BIB. It's a happy Friday.

That is a good woman you got there...

My first pour of sweet wheat. Really digging this. Like this better then the standard 1792.

Buffalo Trace.

E.H. Taylor Small Batch.

Jack Daniel's Single Barrel.

One finger of each. In a sampling mood.

Blade and Bow 22. An amazingly powerful nose on this one, my son even commented as I walked past him with the glass. Needs quite a bit of time to open up in the glass and might benefit from a couple of drops of water. I'll try that on the next pour

valentine's woodward to kick off my vaca

My first pour of sweet wheat. Really digging this. Like this better then the standard 1792.

ER 17yr '08 and a heavy handed slice of my favorite recipe homemade lemon pound cake.

Watching the bats come out.

Fun night!

B

Killed off my 2010 WLW before moving on to a 2012 FRSmBLE (which is approaching the end, but not quite there - thankfully!) Spoiling myself just because!

Small pours of ECBP 128, and MMCS---preceded by Springbank 17 Sherry Wood. Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I guess I wasn't quite done yet. A larger pour of WT101, as good as I remember. Then to finish the night, PHC POH.

Killed off some Knob Creek Maple that I bought for a Barrel-aged Manhattan Project, by mixing it with some Sasparilla.

Then moved on to some ETL.

How does it compare to other wheaters such OWA, Larceny, and Makers?

A heck of a night in progress. Started with a RRSiB 110 proof at the bar across the street from the office right after work. I took my team out for a whiskey to congratulate them on a job well done for a recent competition project. Came home to some house guests and promptly poured some KC for a pre dinner whiskey. Followed up dinner with KCSB and since the night is still young, I'm finishing up my bottle of ECBP hazmat. It's time to say no mas!

Finished up about last remaining 1/4 bottle of Buffalo Trace. Couldn't sleep. Now it's bedtime.

How does it compare to other wheaters such OWA, Larceny, and Makers?

To me I like it a lot more than larceny and normal Maker's. Still give the edge to OWA but I really like this.

Did a SBS last night with MM and my new bottle of MMCS. Only had one pour of the MM because the MMCS just overpowers it. This is going to be in the rotation going forward.

No bourbon in me coffee this morning as I had to take the girls to Petco @ 8:30 for their do. I'll make for that this afternoon.

Went to a whisky bar at the beach for the first time. I left disappointed. Their menu didnt match what they had on the shelf. Choice 1 OFBB14: nope dont have it. Choice 2 Mid Winters Nights Dram Nope. 3rd choice Willett Rye ( I saw it on the shelf). Rd 2 was exactly the same. First 2 choices they didnt have. Settled for Rowans Creek. That is an underwhelming pour. I sat at a table and not the bar. That was probably my biggest mistake. Their paper menu and chalkboard did not reflect what they actually had. That was their biggest mistake. Prices werent absurd. Waitress obviously knew nothing about whisky. Dont think Ill go back.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!