What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Boy.....heck of a bad day! Chinese President arrived in town today and a very short notice highway closure (for security reasons) resulted in a 1 hour and 45 minute commute on the bus. While stuck on the bus and getting frustrated, I get a call from my wife - the hot water heater gave up the ghost and there's water in the basement. The ironic part of the story is that just the night before we discussed how old it was and that it was time to schedule getting it replaced. (No joke, we discussed it last night!). Damn......She works from home and did most of the heavy lifting of moving things to safety and ripping up carpet with the help of our awesome neighbor. I had a little to deal with when I got home.

Currently trying to smooth out the hard edges of the day with some 4RSB. I think I'll go for another when this pour is finished!

So sorry!!! I am dealing with a burst pipe in my basement (plumber fixed it), and I am getting new carpet and drywall soon, but such a bummer about the water heater. Just wondering, how old was the water heater? Mine is from 2002, and am wondering about replacement...

So sorry!!! I am dealing with a burst pipe in my basement (plumber fixed it), and I am getting new carpet and drywall soon, but such a bummer about the water heater. Just wondering, how old was the water heater? Mine is from 2002, and am wondering about replacement...

Luckily insurance will cover the damage (minus the pipe repair), I would think that insurance may cover damages from the water heater as well. The pipe bursting, could have been MUCH worse. Luckily I was working from home that day, and just by chance went to the basement to do laundry. So I think I saved myself 8 hours of extra water damage by being at home!

Full immersion in the cult today. After two pours of 4RSB, I'm capping off the night with a pour of OESV from the gift shop - purchased back in May from the mothership.

Oh dang....I think a burst pipe is worse!

The water was 17 years old. They're supposed to last about 10 years. Shame on us - totally our fault. We bought our house 7 years ago so we kept forgetting how old the heater really was.

I have not been a fan of ER10. After the last bottle, I vowed never to buy another (there are too many other bourbons that I like). Well, I was at a store that had a Store Selection. I was so dark in color I couldn't believe it. I was intrigued but I told myself I shouldn't buy it because I haven't liked the previous bottles of ER10. It was also about $8 more than a standard ER10 I could get at another store. So I shouldn't buy it right? Well, I ended up buying it.

I opened it up a few weeks ago and had a pour. It was better than any ER10 I had had before but not amazing.

This past weekend I had it again and I was completely blown away! The nose, the taste, the finish were all amazing!

I purchased another bottle this week and continued working on the first bottle last night. Again, it was hitting on all cylinders.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!