Dad's Hat Rye distiller available for questions, comments, feedback, etc.

Dad'sHatRye
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 5:44 PM, Dad'sHatRye said:

meadeweber

We just sold two more to Total Wine in AZ and Cork 'n Bottle in KY.  Nothing in MD yet.

Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Bottles of the Cask Strength Private Barrel selected by Cork 'n Barrel in Covington / Cresent Springs, KY have arrived and are in the store.

cork and bottle.jpg

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

Another Private Barrel STRAIGHT Rye Whiskey to announce - this time it is D & M Wine & Liquors in San Francisco, CA.   

More to come soon, so stay tuned.

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dad'sHatRye said:

Another Private Barrel STRAIGHT Rye Whiskey to announce - this time it is D & M Wine & Liquors in San Francisco, CA.   

More to come soon, so stay tuned.

D&M photo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We have two more Private Barrels of our Straight Rye Whiskey shipping today and coming soon to The Party Source in Covington, KY and to CASK in San Francisco.

More coming up next month.  Cheers

• I like it 2

Tried it at Binny's Whiskey show in Chicago last week and was pleasantly surprised. Brought back a bottle of the vermouth finished version. 

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Looking forward to a GA release metro ATL please?

We are waiting for our first GA order this week.  Distribution to start in May.  Stay tuned.  More states to come, too.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dad's Hat distribution update    

• available in Georgia with Ultimate Distributors
  • available in Knoxville, TN with Empire Dist

• 5 weeks later...

I see the Bottled-In-Bond is out and about in PA. It's absolutely wonderful stuff too.

Four more Straight Rye Private Barrels (at cask strength) have been released 

• one for Total Wine in Maryland
  • one for Total Wine in Delaware
  • one for Total Wine in New Jersey
  • one for DEP's in Kentucky

1 hour ago, Dad'sHatRye said:

Four more Straight Rye Private Barrels (at cask strength) have been released 

• one for Total Wine in Maryland
  • one for Total Wine in Delaware
  • one for Total Wine in New Jersey
  • one for DEP's in Kentucky

Will be on the lookout!

On 3/21/2016 at 1:44 PM, Dad'sHatRye said:

We are still working on our project to bring back an important Heirloom Rye, called Rosen Rye.  Here is a photo of our Rosen Rye waking up for the spring at DelVal University.  The potential for producing seeds for planting more later this year looks good.  

Rosen rye at DelVal.jpg

It’s been a couple seasons, now.  How is this project progressing?

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

It’s been a couple seasons, now.  How is this project progressing?

We will be harvesting the first outdoor field trials in June (year 4).  If we yield enough seed we will give some to our farmer here in Bucks County to plant this fall.

We will also save enough seed to run a small test batch at the distillery.  We started with 5 grams of seed 4 years ago.  Last year we got 10 pounds of seed.  We have a meeting with DelVal U tomorrow to discuss the project.

thanks for checking.  We are very excited about this program.  Saw some Schenley Rye Whiskey ads from the 40s that boasted about using Rosen Rye.  We are hoping for good things.

• I like it 5

That’s great!  A really neat endeavor, and I’m glad it is moving along well.  Please keep us posted.  In this instant gratification world that we find ourselves in, it’s good to hear that there are those like yourselves who plot a long term plan, with seemingly small rewards throughout the way, and who still remain focused and diligent in following the path in hopes of long term success.  

• I like it 5

• 2 weeks later...

FYI California, we are loading the second Private Barrel Selection of our Straight Rye  for BevMo! on the truck this afternoon.  Will be in stores soon.  

BEVMO BARREL TWO.jpg

• I like it 2

• 2 months later...

Another Single Barrel Selection for California.  This time it is going to Total Wine.  Should be on the shelves soon.

TOTAL WINE CA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Recent news.  Dad's Hat is now available in Texas.  We are represented by RNDC there.

1 hour ago, Dad'sHatRye said:

Recent news.  Dad's Hat is now available in Texas.  We are represented by RNDC there.

Is this store picks only or is it going to be available everywhere they distribute? 

17 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Is this store picks only or is it going to be available everywhere they distribute? 

It will be available everywhere they distribute (where they can successfully place it our where it is requested).    We hope to move into LA soon, too.  For know they are handling our 90 Proof Classic Rye, and our 95 Proof Straight.  Vermouth and Port barrel finishes to follow. 

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dad's Hat has added another state.  We are now available in Washington.  Our distributor there is MODA Beverage / Pacific Edge.

• I like it 1

• 2 months later...

We have decided to move our Pennsylvania STRAIGHT Rye from a minimum of 3 years old to a 4 year old minimum age (all in 53 gallon barrels, of course).  Our 3+ year old (Black and Gold label) is still on shelves in several states (in PA , for example) , but look for the transition to the Green and Tan label that will carry the 4 years minimum age statement.   This whiskey was made with the same mash bill and, as always, made with a Sweet Mash process and distilled on our pot still.

We have been holding back barrels for a while and draining down our bottling / vatting tank to make this change.  

This is what the new label looks like.

DHR_Overhead_Rustic_Straight_Green_Low.jpg

• I like it 10

6 hours ago, Dad'sHatRye said:

We have decided to move our Pennsylvania STRAIGHT Rye from a minimum of 3 years old to a 4 year old minimum age (all in 53 gallon barrels, of course).  Our 3+ year old (Black and Gold label) is still on shelves in several states (in PA , for example) , but look for the transition to the Green and Tan label that will carry the 4 years minimum age statement.   This whiskey was made with the same mash bill and, as always, made with a Sweet Mash process and distilled on our pot still.

We have been holding back barrels for a while and draining down our bottling / vatting tank to make this change.  

This is what the new label looks like.

DHR_Overhead_Rustic_Straight_Green_Low.jpg

Are yall doing single barrel store picks with the 4y yet? And what's the time frame on Louisiana?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.