Bunnahabhain 12 46.3% unchill-filtered

bdrinker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw this at my local liquor store for $70 but hesitated to buy it. Has anybody had this? Would you recommend it?

At something like ten times the usual barrel proof ABV? That sounds IMPOSSIBLE! But if it exists, I'd grab as many as you can afford at that price. Good luck.

At something like ten times the usual barrel proof ABV? That sounds IMPOSSIBLE! But if it exists, I'd grab as many as you can afford at that price. Good luck.

12 year, 46.3%abv

I saw this at my local liquor store for $70 but hesitated to buy it. Has anybody had this? Would you recommend it?

They raised the proof (from 43%) and stopped chill filtering it back in 2010, which was a huge improvement in my opinion. Three years ago you could easily find 12 year Bunnahabhain for $40 a bottle and the 18 year was usually about $80. Then the price suddenly jumped up to $60 and the 18 year jumped up to the $120 range. I love the stuff, but I'd be hard pressed to spend more than $50, maybe $55, for the 12 year. Pricing your flagship single malt at $70 seems a little crazy to me. We may be in a whisky bubble now, but it's going to burst sooner or later.

They raised the proof (from 43%) and stopped chill filtering it back in 2010, which was a huge improvement in my opinion. Three years ago you could easily find 12 year Bunnahabhain for $40 a bottle and the 18 year was usually about $80. Then the price suddenly jumped up to $60 and the 18 year jumped up to the $120 range. I love the stuff, but I'd be hard pressed to spend more than $50, maybe $55, for the 12 year. Pricing your flagship single malt at $70 seems a little crazy to me. We may be in a whisky bubble now, but it's going to burst sooner or later.

I have had it and liked it, but I bought it at $55 I think about 2 years ago. I think $70 is way too much for a 12 year at 46.3%.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.