Booker's named batches

danz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I bought a Booker's at one of my go to stores just before the price increase. I'd been on the fence about buying one for a long time, but at the then price of $43.99, I finally gave in. This store had two rows of it on the shelf. I'm guessing it only took about two weeks or so for the word to get out about the price increase. One week there was plenty, the next week "zero". Now there's just an empty spot on the shelf with a price tag of $65.99 IIRC. I have seen Booker's at a couple of other places recently. Both only had a couple of bottles. One place had it for $75.99, and the other had it for $83.99. An odd story here, I went into the place that had it for $83.99. I stopped buy to grab a bottle  of BT 'cause it was on sale there for $22.99. While I was there, one customer was taking pics of the Booker's and it's price tag. He was also talking some "smack" and complaining about the price to the manager. I reckon I must be getting old or sumthin', cause for once I didn't but in and put in my two cents worth. When there was a break in the action, I walked by the manager,  thanked him for the BT and told him I'd see him again soon. He gave me one of those :huh: looks, and thanked me for my business. He knows me a little now, and I think he was hoping I'd jump in and take some of the heat off him. ;)

Joe

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I bought a Booker's at one of my go to stores just before the price increase. I'd been on the fence about buying one for a long time, but at the then price of $43.99, I finally gave in. This store had two rows of it on the shelf. I'm guessing it only took about two weeks or so for the word to get out about the price increase. One week there was plenty, the next week "zero". Now there's just an empty spot on the shelf with a price tag of $65.99 IIRC. I have seen Booker's at a couple of other places recently. Both only had a couple of bottles. One place had it for $75.99, and the other had it for $83.99. An odd story here, I went into the place that had it for $83.99. I stopped buy to grab a bottle  of BT 'cause it was on sale there for $22.99. While I was there, one customer was taking pics of the Booker's and it's price tag. He was also talking some "smack" and complaining about the price to the manager. I reckon I must be getting old or sumthin', cause for once I didn't but in and put in my two cents worth. When there was a break in the action, I walked by the manager,  thanked him for the BT and told him I'd see him again soon. He gave me one of those :huh: looks, and thanked me for my business. He knows me a little now, and I think he was hoping I'd jump in and take some of the heat off him. ;)

Joe

Very nice. We have a place up here that has a whole shelf full of Bookers 2016-05s. The sell for 47.99 and it is worth every penny.  I have made it a bit of a game to scour the area and get some Bookers at older prices. I am hoping to get all six bottlings from 2016.

It's telling that not one single poster on THE bourbon enthusiast website has any idea how the 2017 release tastes at the end of August 2017. 

8 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

It's telling that not one single poster on THE bourbon enthusiast website has any idea how the 2017 release tastes at the end of August 2017. 

I couldn't tell you anything about the 2016 batches either, the most recent I have is a 2015, until the better priced older bottles dry up and I run through my stash I'm not sure why I would buy unless I read a really stellar review. When the stash depletes all bets are off, I love me some Booker's.

One pet peeve of mine about Booker's. It the high end Beam product but it uses a fake cork. What the heck?  Even Baker's uses a real cork. I just don't get it. 

30 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

One pet peeve of mine about Booker's. It the high end Beam product but it uses a fake cork. What the heck?  Even Baker's uses a real cork. I just don't get it. 

:P  Don't get us started on fake cork vs. real cork vs. composite cork vs. plastic screw top vs. aluminum screw top vs. [insert any stoppers I forgot].  Maybe Beam-Suntory, post-price increase, figures these will sit on the shelf longer than a real cork will last.:rolleyes:  I know I haven't bought any bottles since the sale price exceeded $52 not including tax (BUT, I will admit to buying pours of "current" releases when I see it in restaurants and bars that don't have something else I want to try).  And, yes, I still decant my fake cork OGD BIB purchases by putting them, seriatim, in an orange screwtop OGD BIB bottle I keep in a trash can next to my TV chair - I've knocked over/improperly inserted/torn too many cork tops in the past.  Take no chances.

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Maybe Beam-Suntory, post-price increase, figures these will sit on the shelf longer than a real cork will last.:rolleyes: 

hahaha nice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.