You wanna good cry? :D

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Funny to read about the head scratching regarding what on earth you'd do with 60 bottles of bourbon. I guess the bunker had not been invented yet.

I know the story about Randy Blank and the "Van Blankle" but don't know if any other individual was able to do this.

Thanks for bringing that one back up Joe. Aged Van Winkle at $1200 a barrel, my how times change. Also underscores what some of the old timers here were talking about seeing Pappy collecting dust on the shelves.

Chuck's response (#4, I believe) mentions that he can get EC 12 for $20 a 750. Talk about having a good cry. I didn't adjust for inflation BUT I accounted for the fact I rarely see it in the wild.

Where's a damn time machine when ya want one?

Chuck's response (#4, I believe) mentions that he can get EC 12 for $20 a 750. Talk about having a good cry. I didn't adjust for inflation BUT I accounted for the fact I rarely see it in the wild.

I can still get EC12 for $25. Can't complain about that really.

Where's a damn time machine when ya want one?

Time machine to the past? Just when I finally got the ex-wives off my back through their remarriage, full alimony agreements paid, or simply outliving them? I like the world I've got today. Not to say I won't get married again but the next one damn well better be richer than me. Or simply so stunning that thought goes out the window, just like 20 years ago when I bought every new Bourbon that hit the market because it might be a new experience. So little did I know then.

I can still get EC12 for $25. Can't complain about that really.

wishing I had bought some of this and FRSmB when I was down there but BT at $20 seemed like a better move at the time.

While this does somewhat break my heart, as I haven't been able to get anything with the VW name on it for the past two years (after having years of being able to find it at will), it does rather reinforce to me that Julian van Winkle is the real deal, and all of the success he's attained has been well-earned. He's been at it for a long time, putting out great stuff under most people's radar.

Now I will go back to crying

:(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.