Jack Daniels Single Barrel - Barrel Proof

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well this is an interesting release, yet to be released, ranging between 125-140 proof, uncut and non chill filtered, I would be very keen to try this but will unlikely ever get a chance.

If anyone tastes this please share your thoughts.

Oh it will be on shelves here but I'm guessing it will also be $150+ so it will be a pass.

I am going to give it a try if I can find a bottle. I like their single barrel.

• I like it 1

MSRP is supposed to be $64.99.

Definitely something I will pursue, provided it is in that price range.

• I like it 1

MSRP is supposed to be $64.99.

Unfortunately with most special releases my local market doesn't seem to understand what MSRP is. :frown:

• I like it 1

I did quite like the single barrel, but I wish there was an age statement a little older other than straight on the label. What would people guess this to be at? 5 - 6 years?

• I like it 1

I'll be buying the first bottle I see. I have found that Daniel's get better with every uptick in proof. The 100 proof Silver Select is top of their line, now IMO. So, I'm banking on a barrel proof offering raising the bar even further.

• I like it 1

I'll be buying the first bottle I see. I have found that Daniel's get better with every uptick in proof. The 100 proof Silver Select is top of their line, now IMO. So, I'm banking on a barrel proof offering raising the bar even further.

Same here. I regularly enjoy the single barrel and after having the Silver Select at Joe's I happily picked one up on the way back from Aruba recently. I'm looking forward to giving this new one a whirl too.

• I like it 1

JDSB is the one TN whiskey I buy, always enjoy it, so I'd be game for the BP version.

• I like it 1

This also tells us the BF knows GD 9 yr and 12 yr bottles have been successfully received by consumers.

• I like it 1

heard the same on whiskycast. was expecting quite a bit more.

i cut my bourbon teeth on JD. was the first bourbon/tn whiskey i drank regularly many years ago. at $65 i'll be compelled to buy a bottle.

I'm with you on this. JD opened the world of whiskey to me. At $65 I'm in if I see it.

• I like it 1

I'm not a big JD fan, but I'm curious enough to try this at the suggested MSRP.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody seen a bottle yet. I thought it was to be released on the 15th but I haven't seen any yet.

• I like it 1

JDSB is the one TN whiskey I buy, always enjoy it, so I'd be game for the BP version.

Same here, well the SB and the Holiday releases. Last year's Holiday was a SB, and it was pretty darn good.

• I like it 1

Spoke with my main dealer yesterday and he hasn't heard when it will arrive but his distributor told him the rye will arrive at the same time.

• I like it 1

Spoke with my main dealer yesterday and he hasn't heard when it will arrive but his distributor told him . . . .

Taken out of context that sentence is loaded.

• 1 month later...
I just bought one today. I'll let you know when I get around to opening it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.