Jack Daniels Single Barrel - Barrel Proof

kevinbrink
3 hours ago, flahute said:

That's where it starts! Then it transitions to mustard.

It's all gone now so I can't revisit when dry March is over but I will be looking for it in my next bottle.

I have an open bottle that is a little overly sweet for me and a 4oz "sample" from my brother's last bottle which I thought was fantastic, I'll have to revisit them with that in mind one night soon.

• I like it 1

Harry in WashDC
20 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I have an open bottle that is a little overly sweet for me and a 4oz "sample" from my brother's last bottle which I thought was fantastic, I'll have to revisit them with that in mind one night soon.

Each of the four or so JD SiB BP's I've had presented me with a different profile - NOT like Bookers releases which tend to fall within a consistent profile.  Hence, I have learned to "play" with the first 2 to 3 OZ. or so to find the sweet spot.  I start with a 1/2 oz., sip it neat on a clean palate, then add a little water to take the proof to about 110.  Then taste.

Yeah, it is anal retentive and goes against my personality, but it is BOURBON (or a facsimile thereof) and deserves special treatment.:D

• I like it 3

Marekv8

Is the correct acronym for this one JDSiBBPPS?

IMG_8911.thumb.jpg.1d416958d8286bd5d7a43f2c9c3ce9f9.jpg

• I like it 4

lcpfratn
Is the correct acronym for this one JDSiBBPPS?

IMG_8911.thumb.jpg.1d416958d8286bd5d7a43f2c9c3ce9f9.jpg

Sounds good to me. I bet that’s a good one too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marekv8

I've found these SiBBP bottles to be very hit or miss-- but this pick is certainly at the top of the hit list to date…

IMG_8918.thumb.JPG.6c1b97c37a41ac3c1dbca75f6b42366c.JPG

• I like it 1

Kane

Since my last post here, I still couldn't find a replacement bottle in the walkable Boston metro area. Odd... I'll bunker a few on sight.

• I like it 1

Mule Skinner

I picked up one today.  There were a few on the shelf.  I'm sippin some now, and really enjoying it!

• I like it 2

Dannabis

I'm drinking on one from Rick 19, barrel No. 18-0732 which was bottled on January 29 2018

Very happy and brings me back to that first good experience with Jack Daniels Single Barrel which gave me a huge semi for bourbon.

and I am planning on picking up two more to put away.