Cool neck tags for bourbon bottles

jpengelbrecht
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been trying to secure a barrel to give out as gifts, but the supply is very limited of the really choice bourbon barrel programs these days. My solution, instead, was to try to have some custom neck tags made where I can mix and match what I give as gifts.

I'm not talking about paper. I'm talking about stamped brass neck tags (neckers as some call them) like what is found around the necks of Old Forrester Single Barrel or Jack Daniels Single Barrel. Anyone know who makes these? The internet has so far only produced machine shops that will cut out anything, but no one who is already doing this. I really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Sounds like a fun option. Unfortunately machine shops were my go-to idea, but in any event welcome to the forums and please do not forget to introduce yourself over in new members category. This is a great site frequented by lots of wonderful folks.

There is a small sheet metal shop near me that will cut about anything for about nothing, small stamping die sets are cheap and easy to use. Without spending much money, you can attempt to do them yourself. Try doing a couple and see if you're satisfied with the results

Well, there's always those gardening supplies - soft metal tags that you can write on with a stylus to identify plants growing from seeds, but the metal is REALLY soft.

Have you searched Pinterest or Etsy? You may also find something at one of the hobby/craft stores to make yourself. They usually have a jewelry section with chains and pieces of metals that could be stamped or marked.

Some big pet stores have a machine that engraves whatever you type onto aluminum dog tags. They have different shapes and colors of tags too. There are also places that will make custom military type tags.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.