Do you ever drink bourbon in the morning or early afternoon?

thunderhead357
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My 'Prime' times for tasting are from about 1:00 p.m. to about 6:00 p.m. That's just when I seem to really find the nuances, and really enjoy the pours.

I'll drink Bourbon almost anytime, however, if the opportunity presents. :lol: Why NOT??? Right?

Does the Pope poop in the woods? Does a fireman cross the road? Do bears wear suspenders? Do I eat chickens? Seriously, though, only when I know I won't be doing anything important. ASIDE: I'm retired so that's really not a problem. And, besides, it's 5 pm SOMEwhere.

I would be hard pressed to name any hour I haven't.

Well Said. I live in Las Vegas. That facilitates the process.

Only when I'm in Kentucky. I think one of the GBS boys told me it's a state law, so I have to comply

Why yes... Yes I do!

Sometimes I just want a little taste and sometimes I'm in the mood to drink bourbon and so I'll have a couple or 5.

I own a gym so my work day is from around 5am-lunch time daily. Which means I start drinking beer at lunch and whiskey as dessert after lunch. :-)

Only when I'm in Kentucky. I think one of the GBS boys told me it's a state law, so I have to comply

That sounds like a GBS thing to say. For me I tend to drink in late afternoon through the evening but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally partake earlier.

I love to have a nice morning pour of wheated bourbon. I do it most days I'm off work and don't have anything dangerous to do that morning. I only have one (usually small) pour before and with my coffee.

I'm going to retire in a couple of years so I may have more opportunity to enjoy a morning pour of bourbon.

Enjoy,

Will

And, besides, it's 5 pm SOMEwhere.

Oh crap.. it's supposed to be 5pm? I always assumed that as long as I wasn't drinking before 5am then I was okay!

In all seriousness, I am comfortable drinking at any time. When your (former) job requires drinking while working all day, the time factor loses its allure/taboo.

I'll occasionally have a pour if I go out for lunch on a weekend or holiday. I can't say I've ever had one in the morning, though.

I'm enjoying a little pour of WLW 134.8 right now while my coffee is brewing. It's not my favorite WLW to have neat but such is life, you can't have everything. Boy do I wish I had a couple cases of the 117.9. That is such a great morning pour.

I just discovered that it's actually illegal to drink in the morning in New Hampshire...:lol:

It is seldom that I drink whiskey in the morning...unless it's been a late night. ;). However, I may grab a beer in the late morning. While in Kentucky though, all personal standards get thrown out the window...

Oh crap.. it's supposed to be 5pm? I always assumed that as long as I wasn't drinking before 5am then I was okay!

In all seriousness, I am comfortable drinking at any time. When your (former) job requires drinking while working all day, the time factor loses its allure/taboo.

If by morning, you mean any time after midnight, then yes! Seriously though, I've never had a pour before lunch. I'm not in the mood so I've never needed to debate it. I will occasionally have a whiskey with lunch out on special occasions. At home on the weekends, I generally wait for later afternoon. If I get an earlier hankering, I'll go with something like 4RYL and its low proof - especially if I haven't eaten in a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.