Smooth Ambler Limited Release Single Barrel

MDBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just noticed a picture of these bottles on the SA website and saw this on Reddit https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=15189001000074

The TTB shows 7 year and 100 proof, the bottles are clearly older and barrel strength.

Anyone know anything about this, has anyone seen it in the wild?attachment.php?attachmentid=21566&stc=1

post-12245-14489822811848_thumb.jpg

Edited by MDBourbon

The SA people are really nice. Give them a call. I'm sure they'd tell you what the gift shop price is.

they were $85 + ~$7 tax. sold out in a couple hours the day they went on sale which was last monday i believe. limit was 2 per customer. per their instagram post a few of these will be sold outside the gift shop but not many. there was only a single barrel released so far that i know of.

i was lucky enough to get a bottle. i wasn't expecting this to be much better than the best of the dozen or so different 8 year versions i have tried. boy was i wrong. it is an exceptional whiskey. i feel like this was obviously a honey barrel they were sitting on and grooming for an older release. probably my favorite bottle so far this year.

fair warning, i am huge fanboy of their 8 year cask strength rye.

they were $85 + ~$7 tax. sold out in a couple hours the day they went on sale which was last monday i believe. limit was 2 per customer. per their instagram post a few of these will be sold outside the gift shop but not many. there was only a single barrel released so far that i know of.

i was lucky enough to get a bottle. i wasn't expecting this to be much better than the best of the dozen or so different 8 year versions i have tried. boy was i wrong. it is an exceptional whiskey. i feel like this was obviously a honey barrel they were sitting on and grooming for an older release. probably my favorite bottle so far this year.

Yeah, Great job getting one. I am a fan boy of the BP Rye and Bourbon, as well as their regular offerings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.