What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

Grabbed 2x foursquare 2004

Nice pick up...also bought two for myself recently!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And here I have been passing the same bottles of 2004 & Zinfandel collecting dust on a shelf for months. It just takes a weak moment to snatch them both, but it appears my resistance to rum is still stronger than whiskey.

And here I have been passing the same bottles of 2004 & Zinfandel collecting dust on a shelf for months. It just takes a weak moment to snatch them both, but it appears my resistance to rum is still stronger than whiskey.

Is pick both of those up ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Is pick both of those up ASAP!

I did pick up the Criterion to my credit :) But yeah, I have a feeling I'll grab'em before xmas.

I did pick up the Criterion to my credit [emoji4] But yeah, I have a feeling I'll grab'em before xmas.

I’d love to find a bottle of Criterion, but that ship has probably already sailed at this point.

Resistance was futile indeed.

Left many more on the shelf. Nobody wants these it seems.

IMG_20171207_191144.jpg

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 1

Resistance was futile indeed.
Left many more on the shelf. Nobody wants these it seems.

IMG_20171207_191144.thumb.jpg.b80bab54b72eaa00907c15d127b890f5.jpg

They are both wonderful, so the ones passing these up don't know what they are missing! Congrats on your purchase!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

I snagged a bottle of the Real McCoy 12yo Smuggler's Cove edition, bottled at 92 proof instead of the standard 80. 

I hope you open it soon and share your thoughts.  I ordered a bottle but it will likely be a few weeks before I get it.  I'm real curious to hear some first impressions of it.

35 minutes ago, NightCru said:

I hope you open it soon and share your thoughts.  I ordered a bottle but it will likely be a few weeks before I get it.  I'm real curious to hear some first impressions of it.

I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to pick up my bottle either (hopefully this weekend) but I'm planning to open it as soon as I do, and I'll post some notes.

• I like it 1

Travels to outer burbs have brought some of The Tommy Bahama rum into my orbit.  As you can see I've been dipping in to the White Sands already.  I was able to get that bottle at $20 and consider that rum to be very good for that price.  I have noted that the word seems to be out to some retailers that they can command a premium price for the TB.  I bought the Golden Sun a 24.99, just to taste it -- but have seen a bunker's worth in a couple different locations at 29.99.  At that price it starts to feel like equally good / possibly better rums start competing.  Welcome your thoughts... I will of course taste the stuff for myself and go from there.  I will say, even after reading so many good things here, the White Sands surprised me with just how smooth and flavorful it is.  Absolutely perfect in a Rum and Coke... I don' think I personally have had a better white rum.

IMG_4170.JPG

Edited by Steven C

14 hours ago, Steven C said:

Travels to outer burbs have brought some of The Tommy Bahama rum into my orbit.  As you can see I've been dipping in to the White Sands already.  I was able to get that bottle at $20 and consider that rum to be very good for that price.  I have noted that the word seems to be out to some retailers that they can command a premium price for the TB.  I bought the Golden Sun a 24.99, just to taste it -- but have seen a bunker's worth in a couple different locations at 29.99.  At that price it starts to feel like equally good / possibly better rums start competing.  Welcome your thoughts... I will of course taste the stuff for myself and go from there.  I will say, even after reading so many good things here, the White Sands surprised me with just how smooth and flavorful it is.  Absolutely perfect in a Rum and Coke... I don' think I personally have had a better white rum.

IMG_4170.JPG

Foursquare distillate so it should be good. I've never seen it near me.

I took the plunge on the Enmore and also got the Bellevue. Will pass on the blend for now. Hopefully I got an order in early enough as there were apparently not a lot of either.

6 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I took the plunge on the Enmore and also got the Bellevue. Will pass on the blend for now. Hopefully I got an order in early enough as there were apparently not a lot of either.

If you received a confirmation email I wouldn’t worry. I’ve had wonkiness trying to check out with items that sold fast, but never had a confirmed order with K&L be canceled. 

I ended up buying all three new Golden Devil rums from K&L - the Bellevue, Enmore, and the overproof blend. I was debating whether to buy the Enmore and remembered I had an old $50 K&L giftcard, which brought it closer to my comfort zone.

I really hope these casks sell out. If they don't, K&L may not be bringing in any more casks of rum in the near future (aside from the Golden Devil Hampden they have coming in January).

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I ended up buying all three new Golden Devil rums from K&L - the Bellevue, Enmore, and the overproof blend. I was debating whether to buy the Enmore and remembered I had an old $50 K&L giftcard, which brought it closer to my comfort zone.

I really hope these casks sell out. If they don't, K&L may not be bringing in any more casks of rum in the near future (aside from the Golden Devil Hampden they have coming in January).

I'm thinking the same thing, I'm just starting my rum journey and I would love to see K&L build a rum department much like they've done with brandy.  And I'm glad to hear that you bought the Enmore, I enjoy reading your thoughts on what you drink and while I won't be drinking the Enmore I will at least live vicariously through you.

Now about that Hampden, I didn't know they were bringing that in.  I missed the boat last time they had a Hampden and I regret it now.  Do you have any details?

3 hours ago, Kpiz said:

Could be a bit tough with a bottle that costs $200 but hopefully it will.

30 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

This seems like the type of item where sales will really be hurt by the inability to ship to many states. There are only so many people within store/shipping range that are willing to spend $200 on a premium rum. Scotch, yes, but rum, no.

Also, when I purchased my bottles they were listed as "Special Order" and even though they're now in stock at all the stores, my order hasn't been filled (still says it's "picking")

1 hour ago, NightCru said:

I'm thinking the same thing, I'm just starting my rum journey and I would love to see K&L build a rum department much like they've done with brandy.  And I'm glad to hear that you bought the Enmore, I enjoy reading your thoughts on what you drink and while I won't be drinking the Enmore I will at least live vicariously through you.

Hey thanks! I will for sure post some notes on the Enmore when I get it. I'll be interested in hearing your notes on the Bellevue.

1 hour ago, NightCru said:

Now about that Hampden, I didn't know they were bringing that in.  I missed the boat last time they had a Hampden and I regret it now.  Do you have any details?

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

Does anybody know the details on the Hampden? 

The Hampden will be a 9yo and is coming in January. Price is currently listed at $69.99 and looks like it'll be cask strength! http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1330614

In a post the other day, they said they have a fourth cask of Golden Devil coming in January (which should be the Hampden)

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Kpiz said:

Also, when I purchased my bottles they were listed as "Special Order" and even though they're now in stock at all the stores, my order hasn't been filled (still says it's "picking")

My order currently still says "picking" as well. So hopefully that is not an indication of a problem.

18 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

My order currently still says "picking" as well. So hopefully that is not an indication of a problem.

That's weird. If it's not filled by tomorrow, I'll e-mail them.

1 hour ago, Kpiz said:

This seems like the type of item where sales will really be hurt by the inability to ship to many states. There are only so many people within store/shipping range that are willing to spend $200 on a premium rum. Scotch, yes, but rum, no.

Hey thanks! I will for sure post some notes on the Enmore when I get it. I'll be interested in hearing your notes on the Bellevue.

The Hampden will be a 9yo and is coming in January. Price is currently listed at $69.99 and looks like it'll be cask strength! http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1330614

In a post the other day, they said they have a fourth cask of Golden Devil coming in January (which should be the Hampden)

I sure do hope they start shipping to other states again.  These liquor laws are  ridiculous, though I don't think I need to preach to the choir.

10 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

I wonder if the brief restock of the Hampden 24-year at $199 rather than the original $99 was a way to test the waters. 

Their blog mentioned a customer with many outstanding orders was being cut off, but I have no idea what happened behind the scenes or how the prices for the reclaimed items were set. In any case, it disappeared again pretty fast even at $199!