What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

15 hours ago, DeepCover said:

Picked these up yesterday and today. I haven’t had the Master Select, but I love the Old Cask.

6FBE2353-6BCE-43A3-8A93-339688DFE0B4.jpeg

Wow, I'm drooling

Let us know what you think of those beauties

On 9/8/2018 at 8:02 PM, The Black Tot said:

I'm a Demerara fiend. I've even been to that distillery and walked amongst the stills. That bottle stopped me in my tracks. I HATE paying 200 for a bottle, this is a really bad boom situation. This is me saying I couldn't help it in this case.

It's cheaper than a bad girlfriend - and at least as delicious. And the rum will keep better... OK I'll stop here.

Promise me you'll open it this month and tell us what you think. Maybe the Bellevue will float your boat even better. But while those bottles are unopened you are denying yourself the expertise of knowing what those rums are like, which is a big deal. Open these bottles and open your world.

Well... I opened it and it did not open my world, it closed it off; closed off like when i opened my first Stagg sr. Now it's all I want when i reach for rum but Ill never have it again if I don't ration it. It's hiding in the back of my open closet  with my second to last GTS, taunting me to take for it spin every night practically. I half giggled on the first sip. It's fantastic.

• I like it 1

57 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

Well... I opened it and it did not open my world, it closed it off; closed off like when i opened my first Stagg sr. Now it's all I want when i reach for rum but Ill never have it again if I don't ration it. It's hiding in the back of my open closet  with my second to last GTS, taunting me to take for it spin every night practically. I half giggled on the first sip. It's fantastic.

Don't worry, there will be more. Not of this release, but there is a long future for this kind of rum, which will extend past the boom.

I'm thrilled you loved it! Thanks for posting that.

Picked these up yesterday and today. I haven’t had the Master Select, but I love the Old Cask.

6FBE2353-6BCE-43A3-8A93-339688DFE0B4.thumb.jpeg.51424d495a4a9b6acd1443c894316e8b.jpeg

Where’s the box for the one up front?

Bought a paranubes to give it a try. I like agricole, I like mezcal, so theoretically Ill like this... right?

• I like it 2

Passed on tons of Four Square 2004, 2005, and Premise. Bought an El Dorado 21 as a birthday gift to a friend. I hope she shares a pour with me, I never would buy a bottle myself (sugar!), but I do enjoy the occasional pour.

2 hours ago, jshleffar said:

Bought a paranubes to give it a try. I like agricole, I like mezcal, so theoretically Ill like this... right?

Good idea in theory but it is its own beast to be sure. But given you like both agricole and mezcal I think you will enjoy it. Or at least find it interesting. And in the mid $30s for a liter it is also a pretty good deal!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Good idea in theory but it is its own beast to be sure. But given you like both agricole and mezcal I think you will enjoy it. Or at least find it interesting. And in the mid $30s for a liter it is also a pretty good deal!

It's definitely it's own beast, interesting to sip on it's own I've made some nice cocktails with it but I've also made some clunkers. 

• I like it 1

I bought a bottle of Diplomatico 2002 vintage. I know it has some added sugar- and was really leaning towards not making the purchase- but a deal was made.

On opening and trial I actually quite like it. Great balance and complex flavors. The added sweetness isn't (too much) a distraction and it will be a nice variant to the collection.

Cheers

Bought a 1L Appleton 12 yr at the duty free store on the Canada side of Pembina ND border crossing (I29).  Not terribly exciting as rum finds go, but it's a staple...  And priced at $23.99 CAN, which is like $18.60 US, can't complain.

• I like it 3

On 10/6/2018 at 9:27 PM, HoustonNit said:

Where’s the box for the one up front?

I know, right? I got shafted. Should’ve gotten a discount.

Picked up another bottle of Smooth Ambler Revelation for $57 today. This is probably one of the best values in rum there is on the market today!

• I like it 3

It is such a good value, even when it first came out, that it almost seemed too good to be true. 

They seem to have gotten a steal for 20+ year old Jamaican rum and apparently have a fair amount of it.

• I like it 2

It is such a good value, even when it first came out, that it almost seemed too good to be true. 

They seem to have gotten a steal for 20+ year old Jamaican rum and apparently have a fair amount of it.

I’ve only seen the two bottles that I’ve bought in my area, but they were priced well from what I’ve seen online. I’ll have to check out some other stores that I don’t often frequent to see if I can find anymore in my area. If not, I’ll be checking shops when I travel to see if I can find a few more.

Finally found a bottle of Foursquare Dominus, but it will be awhile before I have it in my hands. Had my sister-in-law and brother-in-law pick up a bottle in Denmark for me after I found it online in a shop over there.

• I like it 1

I know virtually nothing about the transcontinental rum releases but decided I'd give one a go. Grabbed the 2004 Guyanese full proof single barrel. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did a little rum shopping at LRP. I already have a bottle of the Foursquare 2005, but needed a backup.

IMG_0033.thumb.jpg.341739a82a83bbdc4dd6c850a67ce56c.jpg

• I like it 1

I brought home a bottle of Foursquare Premise from a favorite local. A little overpriced at 65$ but I like the place. It's a slash/bar so it is possible to have it opened and poured. Where else can you buy a bottle and share it with friends for retail bottle price?  Very cool and a favorite hangout. Premise has been one of my go to Rum pours recently. Just good stuff.

Cheers

RW

• I like it 2

Visited a Binny's today, found Foursquare Zin Cask for $49.99 and 2004 for $64.95.  Left the Premise and 2005 (which I have bunkered and more available).

Edited by gurgalunas

1 hour ago, berto said:

The most recent K&L Faultline Hampden and a bottle of Richland arrived Monday.

Let us know what you think when you pop that Hampden!