What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

Paul, Those all look very interesting! I’m assuming you got these somewhere outside the US given the bottle size.

1 minute ago, lcpfratn said:

Paul, Those all look very interesting! I’m assuming you got these somewhere outside the US given the bottle size.

Indeed Jeff. The clue is in my location under my avatar ;)

• I like it 1

Indeed Jeff. The clue is in my location under my avatar [emoji6]

Well, I’m usually using Tapatalk when I’m on the forum, and the location doesn’t show up in that App. Besides, who can keep up with where you are in the world at any given time, except for you? [emoji6]
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Well, I’m usually using Tapatalk when I’m on the forum, and the location doesn’t show up in that App. Besides, who can keep up with where you are in the world at any given time, except for you? emoji6.png

I struggle myself.

• I like it 2

On 3/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, The Black Tot said:

Indeed Jeff. The clue is in my location under my avatar ;)

So is "Engulund" different from "England"? Or is it merely an alternative spelling? I looks vaguely Scandinavian!

• I like it 1

I'm sure that I am not the only one with an order from Astor just in after their 15% off rum sale?1592252695_rum3-28-19.thumb.jpg.c23bb1305d2159051c39927d5ab4afcd.jpg

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

I'm sure that I am not the only one with an order from Astor just in after their 15% off rum sale?

How's that Hampden?

17 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

How's that Hampden?

I'll post some thoughts when I crack it, maybe over the weekend. I did open the Probitas and make some daiquiris last night and it seems perfect for them. Plenty enough funk without being overpowering to the drink.

Found a Criterion sitting on the shelf! I already have one in the stash, but couldn't resist getting another.

• I like it 3

Found a Criterion sitting on the shelf! I already have one in the stash, but couldn't resist getting another.

Wow! Great score!

13 hours ago, Kane said:

Wow, nice! I never saw any in any store. One of my absolute favorites. T was lucky to find 2 online and never saw any at retail again.

27 minutes ago, jshleffar said:

grabbed two probitas with the expectation of it going into cocktails.

Splendid stuff! I've made some daiquiris and a pina colada so far, practically perfect for my taste.

• 2 weeks later...

On vacation in Newport, RI, grabbed a couple bottles from Newport Craft Distilling, I really like their Seafog 7 year Single Malt so figured I'd pick up their rums, a single barrel and a 7 year BIB

y4m-D6CITqrNURclg8SB0jku9QBaxPszzGI_auKa

Edited by kevinbrink

Three of these lovelies [emoji2956][emoji7]. Really great stuff - it's about what you'd expect from a mixture of Hampden and Foursquare, but it's just really well done.

IMG_9465.jpg

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally secured the mythical bottle-- although not too sure about the math on this one…

IMG_1110.thumb.jpg.38f8fd7d6df1ea474eb66bafb945b524.jpg

IMG_1109.thumb.jpg.c9792df74d33411ff734acf262fa29d3.jpg

• I like it 2

Finally secured the mythical bottle-- although not too sure about the math on this one…

Do they have other barrels that are just over 10 and didn’t want to change the label?

Yeah, that’s almost 13yrs old. You’d think they would put a 12yr age statement on it to justify the price, which I’m guessing wasn’t cheap.

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, that’s almost 13yrs old. You’d think they would put a 12yr age statement on it to justify the price, which I’m guessing wasn’t cheap.

I’m wondering if it was tanked. I’ll ask the man behind the barrel pick. Based on the other Rhumb Runners I’ve picked up, my hopes are high for an interesting pour. 

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Two very different animals… 

IMG_1596.thumb.jpg.dea0571139c572d9c74b94cb7fab42b1.jpg

Hmm, the Clairin is the newest version released in Europe and the US but the FS Hereditas is a Whisky Exchange exclusive. Got some contacts working overtime for you? ;)

Did you see the Clairin Communal? Wasn't sure it was in the US and also not sure I really want a bottle of the Clairin's blended together anyway. Individual distilleries seems more interesting.

• I like it 1