What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

On 8/24/2019 at 10:19 PM, The Black Tot said:

Was reminded of why I do this whole "go to work" thing today...

20190824_154718.jpg

I just want to know why you have trombones coming out of the TV...

:D

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

?

22 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

...the eternal response...

"Why NOT?"

• I like it 3

Mount Gay Eclipse, fairly standard but a long-time favorite of mine. I hope it's as good as it used to be.

Yeah I got a deal like this on Revelation in February I think it was. 

I would clear the shelf at that price.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

Yeah I got a deal like this on Revelation in February I think it was. 

I would clear the shelf at that price.

I've been on a bit of a buying moratorium lately, but yes, I would too. Though I've been vocal about how much I enjoy this one.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, jshleffar said:

I've been on a bit of a buying moratorium lately, but yes, I would too. Though I've been vocal about how much I enjoy this one.

They won't be doing it again, so it's something that's worth padding the bunker with if you enjoy it.

Even as a premium cocktail ingredient this rum was a rare opportunity.

54 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Well damn, now you guys are making me feel bad-- I'm just running out of rum room over here.

Drink some and open new space :)

• I like it 1

I passed on these Revelations-- but what a screaming deal. 

IMG_2617.thumb.jpg.623329fbafdc563cb065b0c62f4cf6f3.jpg

I assume this is pounds but I’d still buy this and still would happily buy at a much higher price.

25 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I assume this is pounds but I’d still buy this and still would happily buy at a much higher price.

Nope, it's good ol' U.S. dollars-- tough to beat as a value proposition.

I passed on these Revelations-- but what a screaming deal. 

IMG_2617.thumb.jpg.623329fbafdc563cb065b0c62f4cf6f3.jpg

I figured I’d pile on with everyone else...I’d clear the shelf for that price too!

Has HAITI plastered all over it as a charitable recipient, but the "specs" are making me dizzy…

Our flagship rum, Saint Benevolence 5 Year is a blend of hand-selected Caribbean rum made from the highest quality sugarcane juice from the Dominican Republic and sugarcane molasses from Barbados. We used both pot and column distillation methods and age both cane juice and molasses based rums separately in American oak for five years. Blended in small batches and bottled at 84 proof in Riviera Beach, Florida. Saint Benevolence 5 Year was blended and aged with the intent to be versatile.

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.0d75cc47c482d80163a6107e293f7e68.jpg

• I like it 1

Just in from Joe at Total Wine, he’s my "go to" guy for all things related to rum and fastidious neckwear…

IMG_2668.thumb.jpg.4aaac8455365c71f038f9228bbf97594.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Has HAITI plastered all over it as a charitable recipient, but the "specs" are making me dizzy…

Our flagship rum, Saint Benevolence 5 Year is a blend of hand-selected Caribbean rum made from the highest quality sugarcane juice from the Dominican Republic and sugarcane molasses from Barbados. We used both pot and column distillation methods and age both cane juice and molasses based rums separately in American oak for five years. Blended in small batches and bottled at 84 proof in Riviera Beach, Florida. Saint Benevolence 5 Year was blended and aged with the intent to be versatile.

That's a mind bender right there

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

That's versatile all right...

I got these 2 in today. One will most likely get cracked open tomorrow evening. Looking forward to trying these.

AB12903E-B62A-41B3-BEA4-5CEE0B004737.jpeg

Edited by DeepCover
  • I like it 3

Just in from Joe at Total Wine, he’s my "go to" guy for all things related to rum and fastidious neckwear…

IMG_2668.thumb.jpg.4aaac8455365c71f038f9228bbf97594.jpg

I like his quote
“The Pappy of Rums”

I got these 2 in today. One will most likely get cracked open tomorrow evening. Looking forward to trying these.

AB12903E-B62A-41B3-BEA4-5CEE0B004737.thumb.jpeg.6b8902694770d855e3b2770dd252d578.jpeg

Ohh yeah, want these, particularly Barbados.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't buy this (yet) but a friend down in the Bahamas saw this one the shelf. Mexican made rum using mushrooms??? If nothing else it seems like it would be pretty unusual. Anybody ever tried it?

816386938_SolTarascoMushroomrum.jpg.32634b11f3916db48a51f995f1046609.jpg

Get the plata, anejo or both? And yes I know the correct answer is both but if he can only bring me one what do I go for? Anejo?