BFerguson

What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

kevinbrink   
kevinbrink
7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I'm sure the prices are on average with other Manhattan shops-- but I'm not there to save ten bucks. I've walked 40 blocks from the hotel to hear "Hey Dave-- glad you're here, I've got something that's going to blow your mind!" At that point, I pull a bottle out of my backpack and say "Hang on, you've got to try this first."

Luckily, Louisiana has a long-standing cultural relationship with rum and cachaça-- there's always been a sugar cane connection with the Caribbean and a Catholicism tie with Brazil-- so it's not unheard of to find unusual bottles in the wild.

Any chance your willing to share this store?

Charlutz   
Charlutz

Tota Wine had a sale on the RL Seale 10 down to $20 from usual $24. Combined with a 10% coupon on their Spirits Direct bottles and I picked up 3 bottles for $18 each. One will go to a friend and the other 2 will join the 1/2 full bottle on my bar. 

Kpiz   
Kpiz
6 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Tota Wine had a sale on the RL Seale 10 down to $20 from usual $24. Combined with a 10% coupon on their Spirits Direct bottles and I picked up 3 bottles for $18 each. One will go to a friend and the other 2 will join the 1/2 full bottle on my bar. 

Great purchase and a great price. I don't have a TW near me and it kills me when the 4S stuff is on sale because it'd be nice to stock up at those prices. In the past I've tried ordering when they have a sale and then picking it up a month or two later when I pass through the area with a TW, but the last time I did that they got annoyed with me for taking so long to pick it up and canceled my order.