BFerguson

What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

lcpfratn

Picked this up after tasting it and many other rums and scotch in a Liquor Store in Denmark. It's NAS, but very nice stuff with nothing added and NCF.
IMG_0286.JPG

• I like it 1

lcpfratn

Braunstein Distillery in Denmark had a bad experience importing used rum barrels from the Caribbean to use in finishing some of their single malt whisky...the used barrels suffered from severe molding during transport. So rather than importing used barrels, they decided to go to the Virgin Islands and select full barrels of aged rum from Cruzan and import them to Denmark and sell the rum as a private selection small batch. This is supposedly 22yo rum, according to my discussion with Michael Braunstein, even though the age isn't stated. They don't put age statements on their whisky either, but they'll tell you how old it is if you ask. I found this to be a very good rum bottled at cask strength with no additives. I picked up a couple of the 35cl bottles and will bring at least one of them home with me.
IMG_0284.JPG

• I like it 2

gurgalunas

On my way out of StL, I snuck a last LS stop into the family trip.  "Hey honey, you want to stop for wings at the old hangout?"  We lived in StL in the mid 90s, and spent our trip revisiting our old haunts, so it was an easy sell.  I didnt mention that there was a TW across the street until we were already there.

Found a couple bottles I'd been looking for in the run aisle.  Nothing wild and crazy, but to someone from the midwest, any new selections are good...  Rum just doesn't show up here.

20180709_184541-1470x3024.jpg

• I like it 4

NDN98

Picked this one up yesterday.IMG_8635.JPG

• I like it 2

Kane
2 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Picked this one up yesterday.

Excellent find. I still couldn't find any in all my search, but a couple weeks ago finally tasted it at a bar, which made me even more anxious to buy a bottle or five.

• I like it 2

Marekv8

Came across this one today in a small grocery store. Not expecting much, but the haphazard bilingual labeling at least dials in a bit of craftiness (plus, it was cheap). 

IMG_9960.thumb.jpg.7a8b25e1c9ccc507a6f5be3ac96a0ef0.jpg

• I like it 2

gurgalunas

The wife wanted to head to the south side of town for some shopping, and the destination just happened to be near one of the liquor superstores.  I went along to grab a backup bottle of FS2005, but they were out.  Based on the suggestion of @RWBadley, I grabbed a FS Premise instead.  Wise choice...

Also found a Smith and Cross.  A much different animal, but good in a different way.  I'm diggin' it, makes me want to dive into some of the less obvious Jamaican rums (not Appleton).  It got me to dig out a bottle of Galleon Dark to try, after being relegated to mixing with cider before I knew any better.  I've not tried Rhum Babencort yet, but think it's on the horizon.

• I like it 1