What Rum/Rhum did you buy today?

BFerguson

At a price less than Mount Gay XO, I prob would've grabbed multiple myself. I like foursquare, I also tend to think some of the LE are overpriced for what they are, but not at that price!

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Despite temptation I left a whole row of these on the shelf for a hell of a price.

y4mqVFEk7RqwYBvReRd6UWfB9UWRu2bHkX2KIBcw

Hmm, you really ought to think about picking up a few of the LE 12- I'm pretty sure that price is an error

6 minutes ago, RWBadley said:

Hmm, you really ought to think about picking up a few of the LE 12- I'm pretty sure that price is an error

It's definitely an error, I have one already and I like it but my bunker is way too full already with stuff I won't get to for years. 

22 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It's definitely an error, I have one already and I like it but my bunker is way too full already with stuff I won't get to for years. 

Bummer. Quick get some friends over for a rum party! Attack the bottles with the least in them first...

• I like it 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:40 PM, kevinbrink said:

Despite temptation I left a whole row of these on the shelf for a hell of a price.

y4mqVFEk7RqwYBvReRd6UWfB9UWRu2bHkX2KIBcw

RMC12SE IMO, this is the most underappreciated bottle of rum out there.

• I like it 1

I got my first bottle of Foursquare today. I tried it at a restaurant a few months ago and really enjoyed it. 

20181214_123707.jpg

• I like it 2

I got my first bottle of Foursquare today. I tried it at a restaurant a few months ago and really enjoyed it. 
20181214_123707.thumb.jpg.63ec8e10ce2c50783e2e1573480d90ee.jpg

That’s a good one!

49 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s a good one!

Yep.  That 4RSB looks tasty!  

Yep.  That 4RSB looks tasty!  

I made that one too easy for you Joe, but remember...this is the rum thread!

The 2005 is the best I've tried this far.  Better than 2004, Zin Cask, Premise, havent opened Dominus yet.  I prefer the Bajan rums at this point I my taste journey.  Jamaicans are solid too, but the Foursquare and Mount Gay definitely are my preference 

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I made that one too easy for you Joe, but remember...this is the rum thread!

Heehee!  You know, I couldn’t resist!  :D

I really like the 2004 over the 2005, though.  

• I like it 1

Heehee!  You know, I couldn’t resist!  [emoji3]
I really like the 2004 over the 2005, though.  

Yeah, I knew you couldn’t resist. I still haven’t sat down to do a SBS with the 2004 and 2005 yet, but the first time I had the 2005 I thought that too, but now I’m not so sure. Regardless of which one is your favorite, they are both very good rums.

5 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, I knew you couldn’t resist. I still haven’t sat down to do a SBS with the 2004 and 2005 yet, but the first time I had the 2005 I thought that too, but now I’m not so sure. Regardless of which one is your favorite, they are both very good rums.

I think the 2005 drinks pretty hot, which is why it doesn’t resonate well with me. 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:55 PM, smokinjoe said:

I think the 2005 drinks pretty hot, which is why it doesn’t resonate well with me. 

I did a SBS with the 2004 and 2005 and agree the 2005 is much hotter. It really surprised me as I was expecting them to be more similar and, if anything, for the 2005 to be smoother with the extra year of age. I was disappointed, however, I’ve had it a few times since then and have really enjoyed it. Whether on its own or with the 2004, now that I know it’s there I can enjoy its punch in the mouth. Sometimes you just want something raw and this fills the bill. I have several bottles of each and can enjoy them both for their uniqueness. 

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up today. I’m really digging, fruit and caramel on the nose, really well balanced. At just under four years I’d obviously prefer a few more years but not much. It’s a single barrel, appears to aged in new oak barrels, at 94.6 proof, think I’ll buy more.

It even has one of those tacky barrel stickers, this one being a Spongebob crabby patty restaurant.

IMG_5962.JPG

• 1 month later...

Picked this barrel pick up today of Clement. Had high expectations but pretty disappointed. It’s not bad but not a whole lot going on and tastes it’s age. Too bad, I had another rhum agricole from JM similar age that I enjoyed a lot more. If this had at least six years I’m sure it would be great.

IMG_6268.thumb.JPG.7361c7ba8fdf0ec2fbf38dca7889d286.JPG

I’m think it might be interesting to blend with something like 12yr Doorly’s.

• 3 weeks later...

The Velier is too heavy on an unbalanced Caroni profile. Thought  I was going to love it but I won't be buying another.

The Rasta Morris is a monster bottle - but at a monster price.

image.jpg

• I like it 1