What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The cult tent meeting continues with a PS 'standard' SB (obviously from a honey barrel hand selected by Winnie the Pooh).

That bear knows how to pick the honey.

Starting with RR10yr because I needed a Turkey fix. I have some OBSO and OESV in my near future.

did some ER10, now going back to revisit WPS. didn't like it at all when I first opened it... now, almost a year later, I'm finding it much more agreeable with my palate.

Finished the dregs in an orange screw-top OGD bonded (and then reshelved the bottle for reuse as a decanter for cork-top OGD bonded) and then had a short A.Smith Bowman "Abraham Bowman" High Rye Bourbon.

Finished the dregs in an orange screw-top OGD bonded (and then reshelved the bottle for reuse as a decanter for cork-top OGD bonded) and then had a short A.Smith Bowman "Abraham Bowman" High Rye Bourbon.

I have an orange screw top bottle waiting in the wings for the same purpose but am currently using my orange cap as an emergency replacement for a cracked OWA cap that lost it's ability to seal the bottle. I have lots of spare corks on hand to deal with the broken corks that occasionally occur. I didn't know I also needed to have spare screw caps on hand.

Poker night. MM46 followed by KC. This month's host isn't a huge bourbon guy, but I appreciated the selections he had on hand.

Whoa! I thought I was the only dork doing this with my OGDBiB orange bottles. Well, I figured there was probably someone else out there, but this is the first I've read of it. I do the same with my old Rittenhouse bottle. I just love those old labels!

Speaking of screw-tops, tonight I cracked a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 yr SiB BiB (so many designations on that one). Man, that is a damn fine pour.

Cheers!

ER10 for me last night. I am in an opening mood. Gonna pop the top on a RHF tonight, and if I feel froggy, possibly my first bottle of the infamous OGD114. I have read so much about it on here that I bought two bottles before I ever opened the first.

4RPS(OBSV), before and after dinner last night.

I'm dealing with a "1st World Whiskey Problem": trying to work through 9 open bottles of 4RPS (and some miscellaneous other bottles) so I can start opening other stuff. Even sharing with a bunch of friends, it's taking long enough that I'm considering some parafilm wrapping a couple of them.

Maker's 46 Cask Strength to start things off. Big, Bold (just like regular 46, it really is spiced up over regular Maker's.), and thick. And, like the MMCS, a really nice butterscotch note.

Good whiskey, this one.

Haven't had a pour all week, so very much enjoying this first pour of a store select RR10SB. First sip seemed a bit hot but after a little airtime, it's hitting the spot. Fantastic nose on this thing.

4R PS from a local store. OESF @10yr 2 mths. 116 proof. First PS I've ever seen in these parts. Tasting just right for a rainy Friday night!

As long as it's tasting good, that's all that matters. Started with some EC12, working on some RR6Rye, with KCSB on deck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.