What rye are you drinking Fall/Winter 2015?

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tried some Jim Beam Rye 90 last night, and saved myself from buying a bottle. Reminded me (surprise!) of OO. Much rather have Ritt BIB.

Picked up a JPS 21 today. Hope to pop the cork tonight but first need to replace the door in our garage because yesterday, I locked myself out and had to use a crowbar and bust open the door. Needless to say, Mrs. Bogey was not pleased with this news.

...need to replace the door in our garage because yesterday, I locked myself out and had to use a crowbar and bust open the door.

After doing this a couple of times (first time, broke down and called locksmith, second time, borrowed neighbors ladder and climbed in through bedroom window), I stashed 1 spare key in breaker box in garage and one in the back yard.

After doing this a couple of times (first time, broke down and called locksmith, second time, borrowed neighbors ladder and climbed in through bedroom window), I stashed 1 spare key in breaker box in garage and one in the back yard.

second time this happened to me. First time, happened to have a cut off wheel in the garage. These keyed entry door lock sets are getting expensive.

Will need to make a copy of the key to avoid this going forward. Lol.

Baby Saz. Need I say more?

Nope. The only reason to say more is to get the 16 minimum characters.

Had some WTR101 for the first time today - good but not great for the struggle it takes to find it, especially with Ritt sitting there for $23 instead of $34 and even Baby Saz hanging all over the place by me... Maybe the bottle will improve with a little time as well.

I agree on Baby Saz. I recently picked up some Rittenhouse Rye. It's pretty good. Better than Knob Creek Rye.

A Sazerac (got the recipe down pat now) with Willett 2 yr rye. That didn't maim me enough so I followed it with a Sazerac made with Four Roses SmB. Bad move. A Sazerac really needs the crispness of a high proof rye, and it does not have to be an old rye.

Started with a small pour of the Rittlepig blend, then moved on to the Bulliet again. This is hitting a sweet spot for me this week!

It's been a while since I've reached for a MGP/LDI rye, so I hooked up with Bulliet tonight.

Speaking of MGP/LDI - We were out of Bulliett Rye (which my wife buys for use, 2:1 with Solerno blood orange aperitif & black walnut bitters), and I felt like an MGP rye, too. So I opened a Redemption gathering dust on the shelf (don't even recall how we got it). Mint bomb hit the spot.

Having some HW RENDEZVOUS Rye store select (Spec's Houston). Very good rye.

Also enjoying a sample of HWRR barrel select (Davidson's). Very nice.

Once again enjoying the virtues of LDI rye (Bulliet)! I had no idea how much I'd missed it.

Maybe I need to crack a Willett and Dickel and have a young Lawrenceburg rye duel off! :duel:

In recent nights, some HWMWND, and CEHT rye. With the MWND, that's still good stuff, but it gave me a splitting headache. I suspect that was the wine influence, which tends to give me headaches.

As to the CEHT, I am still deciding where I come out on it. For the demand (at least amongst us) and pretty high price, I think I am expecting a bit more. I did enjoy it though, and we'll see if some more air time changes it a bit.

CEHT followed by the new Pikesville. I could quibble about the price of both, but it sure is great how much the rye selection has expanded in the last few years.

'14 THH and some MWND. I'm in a rare rye mood.

Just saw this post, as I was coming here to post about finally opening my '14 THH last night.

I also followed it with a couple pours of MWND.

One place put MWND on sale for $39 last year. I was tempted to buy a case at that price, and kinda' wish I would have.

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!