What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Figured I would fire up a new thread like we have for Bourbon.

Been exploring more and more rye lately. Tried Ritt, Baby Saz and more recently HW Rendezvous Rye and SAOS Rye. Really enjoyed both.

Wanted to try a super aged rye so pick up a JPS 21. They also had the JPS 25 but the price was way way inflated.

Looking forward to trying this one.

Edited by johnnybogey

Picked up the new Pikesville Rye 110 today. Cracked into it and found it a very tasty whiskey. Worth the 50 bucks easy to me.

Picked up the new Pikesville Rye 110 today. Cracked into it and found it a very tasty whiskey. Worth the 50 bucks easy to me.

Have seen this bottle once. Place wants $60 for it. On the fence but may pick it up.

Have seen this bottle once. Place wants $60 for it. On the fence but may pick it up.

I like it. It is very smooth for the proof. I tried it with an without water. Preferred it straight. Water does bring out out more of that rye spice.

Got a bottle on hold. Glad to hear good things about it... Can't wait!

So I went out looking for one damn bottle of bourbon, which I didn't find, for a work function and came back with a slew of stuff for me instead. Pikesville Rye, Rittenhouse BIB, Jack Daniels barrel proof, Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Rye, and a Hibiki Harmony.

Stumbled across something new to me: Rendezvous Rye (105.8 proof), bourbon barrel finished (2 1/2 years).

And wonder of wonders, it was priced fairly.

So I brought some home. And it's very good indeed.

It was so nice to wander into a liquor store and be pleasantly surprised. I haven't had that happen in a long time.

-Mike

Stumbled across something new to me: Rendezvous Rye (105.8 proof), bourbon barrel finished (2 1/2 years).

It was so nice to wander into a liquor store and be pleasantly surprised. I haven't had that happen in a long time.

-Mike

nice. Definitely a nice feeling considering it's NYC.

So I went out looking for one damn bottle of bourbon, which I didn't find, for a work function and came back with a slew of stuff for me instead. Pikesville Rye, Rittenhouse BIB, Jack Daniels barrel proof, Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Rye, and a Hibiki Harmony.

The number of threads you'd have had to split that take up for boggles the mind :)

The number of threads you'd have had to split that take up for boggles the mind :)

Yeah and I went looking for bourbon. Me thinks I'm around Bruce too much. :D

-Mike

Yeah and I went looking for bourbon. Me thinks I'm around Bruce too much. :D

Has been around for awhile, a couple of years at least, as a store barrel pick from High West. I have seen Double Rye with additional age as well. Is this an extension of the HW line or was it a store pick of some sort?

It was a store pick. And they were very excited that they got the actual barrel too.

The only other finished Rendezvous that I've come across is the Midwinter Nights Dram.

-Mike

All the HWRR store picks that I've had were finished in a different barrel. I have 2 on hand right now.

post-9285-1448982284489_thumb.jpg

post-9285-14489822845569_thumb.jpg

Pikesville for $32. By far the best price I have seen, so I finally grabbed one.

Nice score! The BTAC seems to be quietly trickling out.

Yes, nice pickup! I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to look this year. Oh well, plenty of solid whiskies out right now.

Yes, nice pickup! I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to look this year. Oh well, plenty of solid whiskies out right now.

The competition for those bottles seems even greater than last year, and I didn't even think that was possible! Plenty of great year round bottles on the shelf anyway, though.

It's been a pretty good week for rye. Picked up a bottle of the new Pikesville 6yr/110 today!

Snagged one here myself. I've noticed a lot of new and great looking rye's on the shelves of late, and this sure is a great time for any rye fan! :usflag:

I'm really looking forward to dancing with the Pikesville, and love the color on it! :yum:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.