What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up one of the new Pikesville Rye 6yr/110 for $39.99 today. I will probably try it later this weekend.

I picked up one of the new Pikesville Rye 6yr/110 for $39.99 today. I will probably try it later this weekend.

Good price! One of the chains?

Good price! One of the chains?

Actually, no. It was at a very popular store close to Bub's Burgers in Carmel. hint, hint. I was surprised by the price and couldn't pass. It wasn't on the shelf. I saw it online. That's where I saw the RHF too.

Actually, no. It was at a very popular store close to Bub's Burgers in Carmel. hint, hint. I was surprised by the price and couldn't pass. It wasn't on the shelf. I saw it online. That's where I saw the RHF too.

Wow, that is a surprise. Not exactly where I would look for deals.

Picked up a High West Double Rye today. Was looking for something less expensive but different from my normal pour, Rittenhouse. Passed on both a MWND and a Rendezvous finished in a bourbon barrels. I still have an open bottle of MWND that's half full, but I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on that.

Finally found a Pikesville. For some reason, Total Wine doesn't have it but one of the independent stores had two bottles so I grabbed one.

Finally found a Pikesville. For some reason, Total Wine doesn't have it but one of the independent stores had two bottles so I grabbed one.

:toast:

Glad to see you were able to get on the board Steve! I'm working on a three finger 'World Series' pour of KC at the present! :usflag:

While Pikesville is not considered a regular release just yet, assuming it becomes regularly available, I would put it and KC both in my top two! I am just as happy with these two as anything else out there.

Picked up a VWFRR 13. And it was an "E" bottle from 2013. From what I can tell, there was a belief that, because letters increased each year during the first few releases, that letters were de facto date codes for bottles. But seems like that changed and that they're releasing bottles of various letters in a given year. So is there any distinction between a "B", "C", or "E" bottle (or whatever) for a given year?

Not a recent purchase but all the talk of Pikesville I have been eyeing about 7 bottles for the last few weeks but I will have to pick one up so.....in the near future a Pikesville will be coming home.

Picked up a VWFRR 13. And it was an "E" bottle from 2013. From what I can tell, there was a belief that, because letters increased each year during the first few releases, that letters were de facto date codes for bottles. But seems like that changed and that they're releasing bottles of various letters in a given year. So is there any distinction between a "B", "C", or "E" bottle (or whatever) for a given year?

There was a list on the net that had the codes and what year they were released but it seems incorrect as last year I purchased a bottle with a E code that the laser marks show B13 and today i purchased a bottle with a F code and laser mark of B15.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21757&stc=1

post-10804-1448982291826_thumb.jpg

Finally picked up a new bottle of WT101 at a shop in Nutley, NJ. And it's in a full liter bottle now?

Also grabbed Hochstadter's Vatted Rye on sale for $29.99.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw that as well and discounted it since I have an "E" bottle from 2013. It must have some internal meaning at least, but clearly not the lock-step, year-by-year indicator that some thought (at least not anymore).

^^^^Same here. Picked up another because I'm enjoying last week's purchase quite a bit.

Probably wrong thread, but I'm too lazy... 2 '12 Lot 40's @ $39, 'cause I can't pass up a good deal on a whiskey I'm fond of.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.