What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couldn't resist another Pikesville today at $39.99.

Glad you found one and even $5.00 cheaper than where I found mine.

Sazerac 6 yr. is back in some VA ABC stores - at least the one I visited today which had multiple bottles. I only bought one so . . .

My 2nd and 3rd bottles of HWMND3.2. If any Atlantans are looking for it, PM me for the store. They said they had a couple bottles left.

Picked up a KC at a FL ABC and promptly emptied it the same evening (with a little help from a few friends).:grin:

Went back to the store with Pikesville for $32 and they still have it. I think I'll go back every Friday and get one.

Pikesville is $50 everywhere I've seen in NJ. Just doesn't make sense, so hold off until the price comes back to normal.

Fixed it for you!

Fixed it for you!

To be clear, I was "talking" to the previous poster who found it for $32 in NJ. I am not stocking up at $50, but rather waiting on the sidelines hoping that the price comes down.

Picked up a couple Wild Turkey 101 rye's today for 21.99 each. Don't see it around often and when I do, it's usually in the 39.99 range so it took some restraint to only buy 2. Should be a good Thanksgiving!

Got lucky on this one today missed out on all the other BTAC due to having to drive a couple of hours to pick it up from where I was at the time - hate it when work interferes with what's importantattachment.php?attachmentid=21844&stc=1

post-11576-14489822975251_thumb.jpg

Got lucky on this one today missed out on all the other BTAC due to having to drive a couple of hours to pick it up from where I was at the time - hate it when work interferes with what's importantattachment.php?attachmentid=21844&stc=1

In the process of trading one of my FR LE for a 2014 THH. Can't wait to try it.

Picked up a couple Wild Turkey 101 rye's today for 21.99 each. Don't see it around often and when I do, it's usually in the 39.99 range so it took some restraint to only buy 2. Should be a good Thanksgiving!

Petty cheap if that is the new 1 liter bottle. Typically goes for north of $30 locally. But a good dusty find if that is the original WT 101 rye in a 750ml which was my first thought.

Petty cheap if that is the new 1 liter bottle. Typically goes for north of $30 locally. But a good dusty find if that is the original WT 101 rye in a 750ml which was my first thought.

These were the new 1 liter versions. Haven't come across the older 750's in about 2 years.

Not an American rye, but it's Jim Murray's 2016 Whisky of the Year -

http://gearpatrol.com/2015/11/19/the-worlds-best-whiskey-look-to-canada/

Im not a CR fan.....at all, BUT I will give credit where credit where it's due. Crown has impressed me the past year or so with the Hand Select Program and this new Rye. Whiskey of the year… I doubt it.

Stopped by binny's for the first time. Picked up some CR NHR. Also saw a Pikesville there for $50+. That seemed really high to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.