What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While strolling through Indianapolis, I acquired a Pikesville 110 pf (46$).  It will have to wait in line a bit, while I work through some High West stuff.

That's a good price for pikesville. I hope these are still on the shelves when I get there in April-ish.

A friend visited the HW Distillery in Park City and brought me back a bottle of Double Rye! aged an additional 1.1 years in one of their Boulevardier barrels. This is the first time I've seen a Boulevardier finish so I'm excited to try it.

50 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

A friend visited the HW Distillery in Park City and brought me back a bottle of Double Rye! aged an additional 1.1 years in one of their Boulevardier barrels. This is the first time I've seen a Boulevardier finish so I'm excited to try it.

Curious to hear what you think of this Kyle. Have only had Double Rye finished in used bourbon barrels but have been curious to try the version finished in the Manhattan cask.

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Curious to hear what you think of this Kyle. Have only had Double Rye finished in used bourbon barrels but have been curious to try the version finished in the Manhattan cask.

Will definitely report back once I try it. I told the friend who got it for me that I'd open it the next time she's over...before being told that she's on a 30-day "cleanse" during which she can't drink alcohol.

Perhaps I'll fill the void with the K&L RR selection I picked up recently.

7 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

Will definitely report back once I try it. I told the friend who got it for me that I'd open it the next time she's over...before being told that she's on a 30-day "cleanse" during which she can't drink alcohol.

Perhaps I'll fill the void with the K&L RR selection I picked up recently.

Personally, I think if your friend has elected to embark on a 30 day alcohol free "cleanse" then it is her own fault if she misses out. That doesn't sound at all healthy to me! :wacko:

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Personally, I think if your friend has elected to embark on a 30 day alcohol free "cleanse" then it is her own fault if she misses out. That doesn't sound at all healthy to me! :wacko:

Apparently it's a popular thing to do in January, but in my opinion no good can come of it.

Edited by amg

I happened across Knob Creek Rye at $27 for a 750 in Lawrence, KS on Friday night and finally got a chance to crack it open this afternoon. I thought it was tasty, with family resemblance in the flavor to KC bourbon.

On 10/23/2015, 12:01:17, fjr1606 said:

Picked up a 2nd bottle of HW MWND!

you'll love batch 3 (if that in fact is what it is) - very reminiscent of batch 1 with more port influence.

i picked up a few bottles of willett 3 year rye.  still a few bottles available from k and l ($45) for those who can get shipments...

has anyone tried it yet?  wasn't it gift shop only up to this point?  i am assuming we will start to see it around more frequently

http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1236275

Edited by altadoc

On 1/7/2016, 10:05:04, amg said:

Apparently it's a popular thing to do in January, but in my opinion no good can come of it.

Lots of good can come of it - it's much easier to find our desired bottles in the liquor stores.

Repent, ye guilty, REPENT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a bottle of Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye today.  I had resolved not to buy any more whiskey until I worked through some of the many open bottles I have, but I'm having some friends over for a rye tasting tonight and given its recent notoriety, I figured I couldn't really do a proper tasting without including the CR.

Hochstadter's Vatted Rye for $29.99.  Waiting to kill off a bottle or two before I open it, but reports appear to be positive and the price seemed more than fair.

I picked up a bottle of OSSB rye today $50.99

image.thumb.jpeg.ea2cbf880789b2510484c8a

I had this barrel a while back and it was very good. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been avoiding Bulleit rye for a while and decided today to get a bottle. It's pretty good. I'm on the search or a very available affordable rye. May try Knob next time.

I picked up another (not American) CRNHR and a couple more 750's of KC.  The last couple of KC's I've had have been very good, and I'm taking advantage while the prices are down ($26.99 is a steal in this neck of the woods:D)!

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

I picked up another (not American) CRNHR and a couple more 750's of KC.  The last couple of KC's I've had have been very good, and I'm taking advantage while the prices are down ($26.99 is a steal in this neck of the woods:D)!

Paddy - is there a difference between the "American" (I assume you mean USA) and the Canadian version of CRNHR? We are all Americans :D

Edited by starhopper

4 hours ago, starhopper said:

Paddy - is there a difference between the "American" (I assume you mean USA) and the Canadian version of CRNHR? We are all Americans :D

Technically, I should have posted that in the foreign tread (made outside the USofA), but was too lazy to do so!  :P

Carry on...

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Technically, I should have posted that in the foreign tread (made outside the USofA), but was too lazy to do so!  :P

Carry on...

Are there differences in the bottlings of CRNHR depending on where they are shipped in the world?

I passed on the LS&B but did pick up the EHT Rye. I may have to go back and pick up the LS&B, that's as cheep as I've ever seen it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc27b1ccf6acc7f4fa75513

On January 29, 2016 at 6:26:42 PM, LCWoody said:

I picked up a bottle of OSSB rye today $50.99

image.thumb.jpeg.ea2cbf880789b2510484c8a

I had this barrel a while back and it was very good. 

Wish we could get that here. My favorite rye right now.

10 hours ago, starhopper said:

Are there differences in the bottlings of CRNHR depending on where they are shipped in the world?

Not to my knowledge. 

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I passed on the LS&B but did pick up the EHT Rye. I may have to go back and pick up the LS&B, that's as cheep as I've ever seen it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc27b1ccf6acc7f4fa75513

Yeah I might even pull the trigger if I saw it sub $100

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.