What Rye did you purchase today? Fall / Winter 2015

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a special store bottling of 100 proof High West Double Rye. Eager to stack it up against the lower octane version which is one of my favorites.

Grabbed a HW Rendezvous finished for 2.5 years in a bourbon barrel and bottled at 53% ABV. Not cheap, but looking forward to trying it.

6 minutes ago, amg said:

Grabbed a HW Rendezvous finished for 2.5 years in a bourbon barrel and bottled at 53% ABV. Not cheap, but looking forward to trying it.

I was fond! *thumbs up emoji*

Found two bottles of Old Scout Rye 8YO cask strength on the shelf. They left with me.

I have had their 7YO 100 proof stuff and it was very good i am hopping this stuff is just as good.

18 hours ago, Scotch Neat said:

Found two bottles of Old Scout Rye 8YO cask strength on the shelf. They left with me.

I have had their 7YO 100 proof stuff and it was very good i am hopping this stuff is just as good.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I can't say no, purchased a Michter's 10yr Rye, today.  :blink:

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Because I can't say no, purchased a Michter's 10yr Rye, today.  :blink:

I wish you wouldn't have. You're going to post an eloquent review and make me want to buy one aren't you?

9 hours ago, flahute said:

I wish you wouldn't have. You're going to post an eloquent review and make me want to buy one aren't you?

If I gotta go down, I'm takin' people with me!!!!  :D:D:D 

This is kinda funny. A local county released a large shipment of baby Saz at $30 a bottle. I had 1 at home but grabbed 4 while it was in stock at the lowest price we see locally. I then got on a plane to visit my sister in New Orleans for a week. She didn't have any whiskey in the house so we headed to a local grocery for some food and my whiskey. They had a decent selection, but the best value? Baby Saz at $25. I tried to figure out another option but it was the best deal so I grabbed a bottle and had a couple pours before bed. 1st world problems!

In my state Sazerac is rarely seen and the going price is around $40.  It just goes to show how much states can vary.  There's even one store I know, has one behind the counter with the fancey stuff.  They want $60. :lol: They're jerks anyway.

I haven't seen it around stl in the last 2 years. I don't care for it much though, so no great loss to me. 

Jim Beam Yellow Label.  This was my grandfathers preferred rye, most likely due to the lack of rye whiskey in his time.  But, I do enjoy it for what it is and it always makes me think of my grandfather, which is most certainly worth the $15.99.

13 hours ago, PaulO said:

In my state Sazerac is rarely seen and the going price is around $40.  It just goes to show how much states can vary.  There's even one store I know, has one behind the counter with the fancey stuff.  They want $60. :lol: They're jerks anyway.

Take a look at this...44 bucks for the big boy and stacked deep.

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Take a look at this...44 bucks for the big boy and stacked deep.

image.jpeg

Geeez- I didn't even know that is was available in 1.75l size. I just got a 750 for 29.99 yesterday, was the first time in a year that it had made an appearance around here. Looks like the entire state only got like 26-6 bottle cases.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:16 PM, Charlutz said:

This is kinda funny. A local county released a large shipment of baby Saz at $30 a bottle. I had 1 at home but grabbed 4 while it was in stock at the lowest price we see locally. I then got on a plane to visit my sister in New Orleans for a week. She didn't have any whiskey in the house so we headed to a local grocery for some food and my whiskey. They had a decent selection, but the best value? Baby Saz at $25. I tried to figure out another option but it was the best deal so I grabbed a bottle and had a couple pours before bed. 1st world problems!

$25 in Texas. About $90 in London. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Ha. I didn't know they made a handle of it, either!

It's very nice rye, but I wish they'd dial up the proof even just a little to 100+

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:34 AM, b1gcountry said:

You say that about everything

We never say that about things that are bottled at cask strength! Just saying...

Picked up a Willett 2 year Straight Rye...really like it, cask strength/109 proof

On 3/30/2016 at 7:34 PM, b1gcountry said:

You say that about everything

I MEAN that about everything :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.