Duty Free Report - JFK

Barrel_Proof
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi All:

We made it through JFK, Narita Tokyo, Hong Kong, and the Lo Wu checkpoint into Shenzhen Friday night. We were relieved to cross the border after our 24 hour journey and sleep in our own bed. Thanks for all the kind words. Baby was (and is) fine.

We've been eating dim sum in the mornings and spicy Schezhuan in the evenings!

The surprise of the journey was that JFK now has a DFS Galleria shop. This retailer is the exclusive purveyor of Wild Turkey Freedom, which is bottled as a 750 at 106 proof. It is promoted as a mixture of 7, 9, and 13 year old bourbons.

Also at DFS Galleria was another boubon I have never before seen available: WT Stampede '55, which is bottled in a distinctive 500ml flask with a ceramic clamp stopper. There is no age notation on this bourbon.

What a surprise to find these two WT premiums in Queens! The Freedom 750 was $50, the Stampede '55 500 was $36. Pricey, but this was my first opportunity to buy them. I can't wait to try them. Crazy to pack them half way around the world and back!!! But why not?

I'll report later on Tokyo and Hong Kong duty free. I hope all is well with all. If anyone can share anything about these two WT premiums, please do. I'd really like to know what is in the Stampede '55.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.