Average # of bottles in your bunker?

MarkWalker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been drinking down my worst and only buying stuff that's either extinct, limited, or special picks (technically also extinct).

The collection is improving slowly, the dawgs are draining and the new acquisitions are all above reproach in their respective qualities.

I got through about 5-8 bottles over the holidays, sharing included. Gifted another two to family...

...but I bought about 40... :unsure:

Edited by The Black Tot

If I tried to follow this rule of cases, I'd be working on 2023 about now.  Someplace up above or on an other thread, I said my only New Years resolution was to drink down the bunker which isn't in the $20,000 range but is pretty hefty.  Twelve days into the new year, and I've only increased the bunker by a net three bottles.  My resolution is intact; I have another 11.5 months to get back in line. [Aside: I have come to the realization that, if I hated the bottom shelf, my life would be so much simpler.]

EDIT - Krispin, does your strategy allow for finishing up previous years?  Between the ages of ZERO and about 18.2, I bought no bourbon.  And then there were those years when I had no permanent abode so had no bottles at home.  Just wondering.

Ha! I didn't even think about filling cases for my previous 37 years... but that gives me a potential loophole.

Also not sure what to do in the event of opening a bottle from a "closed" case but leaning toward not replacing it, leaving mini time capsules of each year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.