BOTM 12/15: Wild Turkey Rare Breed

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is my favorite WT product.  I've had a number of the 108.2 and one of the 112.8 when it came out.  I get a minor difference, but like them both about the same.  There still seem to be plenty of the older ones out in the wild.  I've usually seen a price in the high $30s.  To me Rare Breed is the sweet spot in the Turkey line up.  Some of the WT 101 I tried had a thin mouth feel, and promonant alcohol burn.  The brands higher up on the Diageo totem pole are crazy expensive.  The WT 101 Rye I liked is not to be found since the label change.   

• 2 weeks later...

I've enjoyed the 108 version, have not yet sampled the 112 version.  It was enjoyable.  I have both versions in my bunker.  I have a signed bottle of WTRB that I picked up while in KY in 2014.  Jimmy was in the gift shop after working the day in the tasting room.  He had come down at the end of the day and was greeting visitors.

WTRB Jimmy.jpg

• I like it 1

I don't have any of the older stuff on hand to compare it to, but I enjoyed the current bottle I just opened. Id probably take Bookers for a couple bucks more though.

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.