'Tis the season - which bourbon (or whiskey) speaks Christmas to you?

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A bourbon speaks Christmas to me that I could not afford or expected to taste and was one that I was really looking forward to trying somewhere further down the road when I have a little more money to spare that I was just gifted with and I realize that Jolly St. Nick just stopped by and left me a nice Christmas present.  

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I make my own Christmas Whiskey each year.  I take a half empty bottle of bourbon, and break up a candy cane in it.  Swirl it around for a few days until it dissolves, then sip on it by the fire.  This year, it's a 1792 that has the honor.

Never would have thought of that Joe. Pretty dang cool idea.

15 minutes ago, flahute said:

Never would have thought of that Joe. Pretty dang cool idea.

I wish I had thought of it, too!  I got it from Chuck Cowdery, who posted it here several years ago.  I've been doing it ever since.  

If you try it Steve,  the Candy Cane goes a long way.  So, less us better! :):):)

I remember doing the candy cane thing at a Christmas party back around 1970. It was so tasty, we all got way too drunk.

Tim

On 12/17/2015, 2:09:03, Paddy said:

Traditionally, I'd have to go with any of the BTAC, Wild Turkey or Van Winkle brands.  Mostly, because the holiday season falls after their releases (and they weren't available any other time).  The best of the premiums, often high proofed (or rye) for the seasonal weather of the holiday season! 

The exception is the Turkey, it was always available and just seemed to go hand in hand with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season.  You know, turkey with Turkey...;)

This about sums it up for me too.

Edited by gblick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.