Empty Bottle Support Group 2016

T Comp
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry to open the New Year with a farewell to a Binny's pick of WT Kentucky Spirit, barrel 871. This was a refined Turkey with balance between their signature  sweetness and char. At times it also tasted as a Dickel without the vitamin. 

T, we mize well start anew by finishing off the good stuff!  :)  I've had the last of this Old Fitz 1849 10 yr. sittin' around for such an occasion.  

image.jpg

Nothing near as good as these guys ^^^ for me, but I did finally kill off a Michter's Toasted Barrel and a Widow Jane 8 year old in the last few days. Don't imagine myself buying either of those again.

I just emptied a Jefferson's reserve store bottling, but I haven't finished the last pour yet. It was good. I will probably save the bottle because it was the bottle that turned me back onto bourbon earlier last year.

Out with the old continues here with a rather infamous bottling by Kenwood Liquors of an 8 year old SA Old Scout back in 2013. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1c10e960d0e82455a8d48d5

Finished off a CEHTBP 129 proof--or to be more precise, poured the balance of my 129 into my newer 127.2 when I was in consolidation mode this past weekend.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎03‎:‎23‎, smokinjoe said:

T, we mize well start anew by finishing off the good stuff!  :)  I've had the last of this Old Fitz 1849 10 yr. sittin' around for such an occasion.  

image.jpg

And when was that little jewel bottled? I see a tax stamp peeking in at the top of the frame.

Plus, I want some of those glasses!!!!! :D

8 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

And when was that little jewel bottled? I see a tax stamp peeking in at the top of the frame.

Plus, I want some of those glasses!!!!! :D

Best I can tell, probably bottled in 1970, 71.  Great S-W whiskey.  Unbelievably thick mouthfeel.  

Glasses on the way!

Finished off a ETL, and a MMCS.  I struggled through the ETL, completely enjoyed and cried a little to see the MMCS leave.

Had a buddy mule me back a few bottles of JTS Brown from Binny's a few weeks back...they didn't stick around long. Wish they'd sell that stuff around here, all I can find is the lower proof stuff.

Polished off a bottle of WT Rare Breed this evening. This was one of the older 108 proof batch and just tasty to the last drop. Wish I had more than just 1 bottle left in the bunker to enjoy. Oh well, looks like I will just have to see what the 112 proof tastes like in the not so distant future.

Been busy with work so I haven't hit the forums much other than to lurk.  In "thinning the herd" mode again, finished off a bottle of RHF over the holidays and a bottle of FRSB tonight.

just finished a weller 12 Yo.   Well kinda.   Part of it is it is ina 60/40 SBblend and mart of it is in a 50/50 SN blend.  Regardless ( due to a better half and and self imposed do not open another until  I finish a full one ban) .  I'm having a SB OESK SB (My store to be absolutely and transparent) 9yo11 yo choice.  DAMN ITS good.   Not tooting my own horn but somebody needs to hire me as a professional taster at $200K a year.   (I'd take it honestly). 

A CEHT BS and EC12 BS both hit the recycle bin this weekend.  I strongly preferred the CEHT BS.  I'll buy more if I can find it.

I need support not because an awesome bottle is now empty but because I need a below average bottle to be empty. Cocktail month for me I guess.

3 hours ago, SebastianLloyd said:

I need support not because an awesome bottle is now empty but because I need a below average bottle to be empty. Cocktail month for me I guess.

This is why Wegman's and Giant, et al, sell those lightly carbonated, Euro-style sodas (Sicilian Lemon, Blood Orange, etc.).  Also, do not forget Vernor's Ginger Ale - both the regular and the diet.  (Vernor's Diet GA saved my marriage when "she" insisted we go on a crash diet - if I hadn't found it, I'd have snuck off to McDonalds every chance I got, and she's too good at finding me for that to have remained a secret).

Just saying . . .

Empty?  Yet another cork OGD BIB decanted into an orange cap screw top.  Yeah, I know it's silly.  But I'm old and crotchety so suck it up, kids.B)

Last night (enjoying one of the best National Championship games I've seen) I emptied a 375 bottle of OGD 8y. I've got a few more in the bunker. 

• 2 weeks later...

74SOdZI

This seemed appropriate tonight. Really going to miss these when they are gone. (Supposed to be a picture of EC12, no idea what's going on). 

Edited by atbat82
Picture not working

43 minutes ago, atbat82 said:

74SOdZI

This seemed appropriate tonight. Really going to miss these when they are gone. (Supposed to be a picture of EC12, no idea what's going on). 

The photo fairy must have whisked it away. I agree though - I'll miss EC12 also.

I tracked the mighty Stagg for about a year,

I let him breathe my own air,

I slowly withered him down,

But when it came time,

I had to bury him in the ground.

Lucky he's got some brothers to take over his reign! 

And so the saga continues....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.