Number 1 favorite snack with bourbon?

Stew
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok folks....

I've been curious and decided to post this in order to see what others snack on with bourbon. 

What is your favorite snack ( no meal ) with bourbon? It's 9 pm and you're going to sit down after a long day at work, put your feet up and watch a show or the news. You decide that a nice glass of bourbon is in order and you're going to have a snack with it as you relax....what's your #1 snack with bourbon?

• I like it 1

Pickles - salty and sour goes really well with bourbon.  Definitely not when I'm "tasting."  But it's great when I'm just relaxing with a drink.

• I like it 1

Pickles??? Never even thought of it but it does sound good! I do like salt and bourbon...usually dark pretzels and humus or mustard. 

Cheese and crackers i can definitely go along with but now comes the million dollar question... what type of cheese? Medium, mild or strong in flavor to counter the bourbon? A blah cracker isn't going to cut it I assume. 

So B1Country... what is your cheese preference and with what cracker?

• I like it 1

I've never thought about eating pickles with bourbon, but, a few of my friends love to chase Jameson with pickle juice.  I don't usually use a chaser, but, it is interesting and does compliment the shot.

• I like it 1

Salt and Malt Vinegar chips or milk chocolate. I still dunk French fries in my Chocolate Milk Shake. Don't know what it is but I love the combination. It doesn't really complement the bourbon for me but I just like distinctive flavors.

• I like it 2

Last night I was snacking on some aged sharp cheddar and a selection of crackers. Believe it or not,  Aldi's has four or five really good cheeses that it stocks regularly. Cheddar, gruyere, gouda, and Camembert

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GreggJ said:

Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies!!  

I snack on various assorted things sometimes when I'm having a pour. But I have to agree with warm chocolate chip cookies as a good one. My wife makes chocolate chip cookies from time to time. I'm the taste tester. :P

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

Some awesome choices here gents... the warm CC cookies is a definite one I'll try. 

I assumed a good cheddar or mid to stronger cheese on a cracker might be a winner. I had swiss on Triscuits and loved it. I'll try others this time.

Pickle juice is a mind boggler i'll say, but who's to judge until we try it??? One night in a semi sober state, if I remember, I'll try it ( hope I don't hurl!)

I also tried a smoked venison jerky/sausage type of meat with a triscuit and Old Forester 90 proof. Excellent combo. It's a definite one to try!

• I like it 1

any sort of chocolate if i want sweet and don't care about carbs.  lately it's jerky, of which I have a wide assortment in the pantry.

if i have had a few too many: anything that isn't nailed down and requires no effort before consuming

Edited by fozzy71
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, ratcheer said:

My favorite is probably raw pecans.

Tim

That is often near the top of a 'what pairs well with bourbon' list when I have googled it.  I had some the other night as a matter of fact since I have those and walnuts both on hand in an effort to up my fat intake while reducing carbs.

• I like it 1

Trail mix, get it at Costco. Has nuts, chocolate, dried cranberries and raisins. Goes great with most pours

• I like it 1

I really don't like eating anything when I'm drinking bourbon.  I will eat before or after drinking.  So, sorry I'm not much help with this topic.

• I like it 1

On 1/20/2016, 5:13:08, meadeweber said:

I really don't like eating anything when I'm drinking bourbon.  I will eat before or after drinking.  So, sorry I'm not much help with this topic.

Until I saw this, I hadn't realized this is pretty much me.  I do like bourbon cocktails with food, and I will have a neat bourbon with BBQ, sometimes, but mostly I really do treat it like a dessert or a treat in and of itself.  Even my port has gone begging.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Until I saw this, I hadn't realized this is pretty much me.  I do like bourbon cocktails with food, and I will have a neat bourbon with BBQ, sometimes, but mostly I really do treat it like a dessert or a treat in and of itself.  Even my port has gone begging.

Yes Harry, we do seem similar in this regard.  I usually don't eat dessert and treat bourbon as my dessert.

I have seen a few bourbon and BBQ places and my friend just recently recommended one so I may go there and try your BBQ and neat bourbon combo.

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...

I'd say; almost any kind of roasted nuts; salted or not.   Close second (or even tied some days); chocolate, dark or milk.

• I like it 1

Organic pumpkin seeds with tamari seasoning are going good tonight but I have had a few so my judgement may be impaired. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.