Number 1 favorite snack with bourbon?

Stew
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Forgot I wrote this. Since writing this, I’ve tried and succeeded to develop my palate to like chocolate (all types) with bourbon and rye. For me, that’s an accomplishment because once I decide I don’t like something (food wise) or some food pairing, I usually don’t give it/them another chance.

For @Kjbarth and everyone else: If you’re ever in Louisville, you might want to check out Art Eatables. Fairly expensive, but absolutely freakin’ wonderful and delicious. 😋😍 I have CRS disease, so I’m not sure if I stopped there with Vosgar once or twice. :huh:

Boba! Joe

https://www.arteatables.com

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

For @Kjbarth and everyone else: If you’re ever in Louisville, you might want to check out Art Eatables. Fairly expensive, but absolutely freakin’ wonderful and delicious. 😋😍 I have CRS disease, so I’m not sure if I stopped there with Vosgar once or twice. :huh:

Boba! Joe

https://www.arteatables.com

Yup! I have the Old Forester chocolate mojeskas (probably botched the spelling) and they are really good. Wish I got a few chocolate glencairns but SWMBO thought it wasn’t a good idea and I wasn’t about to argue about chocolate on our Kentucky trip when I knew I might have to argue about bourbon purchases later.

7 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Yup! I have the Old Forester chocolate mojeskas (probably botched the spelling) and they are really good. Wish I got a few chocolate glencairns but SWMBO thought it wasn’t a good idea and I wasn’t about to argue about chocolate on our Kentucky trip when I knew I might have to argue about bourbon purchases later.

The mojeskas are incredible!   Must buy when you go in to see if you hit the lottery - I mean see if they have President's Select for sale.

If you want some incredible (and still economical) modjeskas... when in the 'ville, this is the place!  

http://www.muthscandy.com/1921/product-category/modjeskas/

Edit to add...  with weather cooling down, it's getting safer to order these bad boys via UPS ground.  The site also gives you a bit of the history/back story on how they got their name.  I think it's a pretty cool story! 

Edited by Paddy
  • I like it 1

Artificial cheese flavored snacks have been a big draw for me lately.  Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn, Cheetos, Sour Cream & Cheddar Ruffles, etc have all been sitting really nicely alongside a bourbon pour. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Tonight,  MM101 and these.....you Texas guys ought to appreciate this.

Prost!!  

16653547423875503312831363613108.jpg

• I like it 3

• 3 months later...

My mom had gotten this for me for Christmas. I finally opened it a few days ago. It is absolutely fantastic. 

EE12CAC1-1962-4D90-B342-49BF74544B17.jpeg

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

My mom had gotten this for me for Christmas. I finally opened it a few days ago. It is absolutely fantastic. 

EE12CAC1-1962-4D90-B342-49BF74544B17.jpeg

Awesome!  I understand some terrific cheeses come from there, too.  I now want both!  LOL

On 9/29/2021 at 12:03 AM, Kjbarth said:

Anyone ever try this? These are really good. Bag says they have “Guinness flavors”. Not sure I get that exactly, but I’m tasting malt, sugar sweet, some salt, a little tangy. Really good with bourbon (what I’m drinking now), likely good with rye or other whiskies, and no doubt good with beers. If I don’t slow down, I’ll finish his bag before I finish my first Belle Meade pour.

E3A91CB5-869C-4E3A-B1F4-70334FE71F50.thumb.jpeg.d3fe8e79c281689fae62e64110b17960.jpeg

Amazed you can get them over there! For us it is quite common, we (Europe) have them in regular, like the picture, but also in crinkle cut, rich chili and in toasted Cheddar flavor. 

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Awesome!  I understand some terrific cheeses come from there, too.  I now want both!  LOL

Me too! I'll have to put in a bulk order of both. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.