Stew

Number 1 favorite snack with bourbon?

Harry in WashDC   
Harry in WashDC

Nice thread bump, you all.   Couldn't remember whether I'd posted, so I read through the whole thing (while waiting for the Redskins to start playing which will give me something to watch until the Nats @ Brewers start about 8PM local).

I still like my bourbon without food.  Maybe ice.  Even last night before dinner at our regular restaurant, I skipped the deviled egg appetizer (which I sometimes order TWO of) and had KC neat.  Wife asked if I felt all right especially since I ordered the small steak for dinner.  Nope.  A second KC neat was just fine.

IBLSKeith   
IBLSKeith
On 8/31/2017 at 7:29 PM, Justin said:

Would you recommend any of Mrs Sullivan's other products as well?  I am contemplating an order...

Absolutely! All of their products are excellent.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but I just spent a week iin intensive care at a local hospital.

Keith

CardsandBourbon   
CardsandBourbon

For a snack I love dark chocolate covered cranberries with bourbon.  The dark chocolate and the bourbon work well together.  I get them in the bulk section of our local Kroger's.

Kane   
Kane

Not exactly a snack, but for some reason I really enjoy chasing bourbon with cold whole milk. It does interfere with the bourbon's taste, it becomes something else entirely, but something good. I only do this with bourbon (rum & brandy also work) that's destined to sit on my shelf forever, though. It's a good way to get rid of cheap stuff people sometimes gift me.

Richnimrod   
Richnimrod
3 hours ago, Kane said:

Not exactly a snack, but for some reason I really enjoy chasing bourbon with cold whole milk. It does interfere with the bourbon's taste, it becomes something else entirely, but something good. I only do this with bourbon (rum & brandy also work) that's destined to sit on my shelf forever, though. It's a good way to get rid of cheap stuff people sometimes gift me.

THIS^^^^ Is Truly Strange!    I must admit it's a brand new one on me.     But, if this is working for you, then; More Power to You! 

I have heard of folx with ulcers who wanted to cheat mixing 80-proof blended Scotch and milk together in a glass, though. 

I'll have to try it with the Almond Milk I use (lactose intolerant I'm afraid).

WoodrowinManassas   
WoodrowinManassas

Pecan pie with a slice of cheddar cheese on the side.  Not on a regular basis - just for special occasions.  Otherwise, I go with a Chex party mix.