Sipping vodkas - any suggestions?

bdrinker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found this Grey Goose Ducasse to be very interesting-- I don't have a bottle but tried it at a recent tasting. Has a very "breadwine" feel to it-- a subtle french bakery in a bottle.

vodka_gre27.jpg.b91794f6279ca87068d995c380580a8a.jpg

I tried the CLIX vodka once.  It was the best vodka I ever had.  With that said it was vodka and still terrible.  

Note: I was not aware but the name means how many times it was distilled, 159, in Roman Numerals. 

I’ll add one to the list...Woody Creek Vodka from Colorado. They grow their own potatoes and make their vodka immediately after harvest. It is actually one of the best vodkas I’ve ever had. Their gin is really good too!

I drank Stoli neat often during a portion of the 80s.  I always enjoyed the FEEL of it vs. the taste as I agree that the whole point of vodka is absence of taste.  The early 80's Stoli had a velvety smooth feeling when sipping.  I recently tried some Stoli and either it has changed tremendously or I was easily impressed back then.  Probably a bit of both. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.