What are some of the fruity rye's?

BigPapa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I love the spicinesss of ryes but I really like them when they have a sweet fruity taste up front. 

Can you please give some brands that would be like this?

Baby saz is really fruity to me. But i'll also say I stopped trying ryes after this one because the fruit turned me off too much. So I don't have a comparison to other ryes, only to bourbon.

8 hours ago, BigPapa said:

I love the spicinesss of ryes but I really like them when they have a sweet fruity taste up front. 

Can you please give some brands that would be like this?

If you like soft and fruity/baking spice, I'd recommend giving the CR Northern Harvest a go...

I can't  think of any non craft rye with a sweet fruity taste up front. Ritttenhouse or the new 110 proof Pikesville have the sweetest entry of any ryes but not from fruit. EH Taylor Rye is my call for the best match if you don't mind it being citrus fruit as in lemon. B mash bill 4R high rye bourbons have the most dark fruit for my money. 

I thought of your question last evening when I was sipping on some HW Yippee Ki-Yay.  Maybe, not what you're looking for as it is a barrel finished rye, but YK-Y has a luscious dark fruit on the front end as a result of the finishing in Syrah and Vermouth barrels. 

4 hours ago, Bil said:

Wild Turkey 101 Rye.  It's a good one to try even if you don't pick up on the sweet fruitiness. 

Bill

It just might be my favorite Rye, but I don't get any fruit from it.

Millstone 100 rye from the Netherlands has a pretty good sweetness on the palate but not currently available in the US. Supposedly it was going to be released here at some point but I haven't seen it yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.