Rumors

KyleCBreese
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I figured it would be good to have a thread for rumors, so posts wouldn't be taken as fact right away. Should these rumors turn out to be true, they can be made into a separate post.

The reason I wanted to start this thread was because of a tweet from BourbonPursuit stating that Parker's Heritage 10 will be a 24-year old bourbon, bottled in bond, in 3 separate releases. They said it was from a source at Heaven Hill. Has anyone heard anything similar?

45 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

The reason I wanted to start this thread was because of a tweet from BourbonPursuit stating that Parker's Heritage 10 will be a 24-year old bourbon, bottled in bond, in 3 separate releases. They said it was from a source at Heaven Hill. Has anyone heard anything similar?

I've only seen that tweet parroted around. If that ends up being the truth, I hope that doesn't indicate a price hike on the way for PHC.

I just read in an email from Blackwell's that Jack Daniels will be releasing a Cask Strength Rye next month-

3 hours ago, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

I just read in an email from Blackwell's that Jack Daniels will be releasing a Cask Strength Rye next month-

I saw JD would be releasing a Single Barrel rye at 94 proof shortly.  Cask strength would be great!

3 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

I saw JD would be releasing a Single Barrel rye at 94 proof shortly.  Cask strength would be great!

I saw the 94 proof single barrel rye on the shelf yesterday. I passed at $55, though. I'll likely try it at a bar if I see it somewhere.

10 hours ago, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

I certainly hope so!

2 hours ago, ebo said:

I certainly hope so!

Me too- BTW Go McK Bulldogs! (Class of '92)

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎9‎:‎57‎:‎38‎, KyleCBreese said:

I figured it would be good to have a thread for rumors, so posts wouldn't be taken as fact right away. Should these rumors turn out to be true, they can be made into a separate post.

It would seem fitting for something noteworthy as the 10th release. But if true than based on EC23 pricing it seems likely we can expect a price north of $200 a bottle. Maybe well north!

Was talking with a store manager and rep the other day.

The rep said that Heaven Hill intended to drop the age statement on EC12 a long time ago.

Just not enough stock as everyone knows now. I bet it will eventually be re-released with a higher price tag.

PH10 at 24 years would be awesome. They will probably sell quick though if this is true.

As for the PH9 is a kind of a shelf turd. Know 4 places where I could get that tomorrow.

7 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

It would seem fitting for something noteworthy as the 10th release. But if true than based on EC23 pricing it seems likely we can expect a price north of $200 a bottle. Maybe well north!

I gotta believe it will be in the $250 to $300 range and even at that price, *poof* it will be gone.

40 minutes ago, flahute said:

I gotta believe it will be in the $250 to $300 range and even at that price, *poof* it will be gone.

Are we talking projected MSRP or realistic shelf price?

3 hours ago, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

Are we talking projected MSRP or realistic shelf price?

MSRP. Unfortunately it has reached the point where the shelf price is nearly impossible to project.

On 2/3/2016, 8:53:15, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

Me too- BTW Go McK Bulldogs! (Class of '92)

Class of '78... and we beat you all three years of my high school career. :P

1 hour ago, RWBadley said:

I heard Pappy 15 is going NAS :lol:

No it is the 23.  It was in the same press release where they said an employee accidentally dumped the Saz 18 in with the Eagle Rare 17.  They were going to fire the employee, but after they tasted it they realized it was the best mistake ever.  They're going to call it Sazarac Forgiven Rare or some nonsense like that and release it with the rest of the BTAC in the fall.

1 hour ago, petrel800 said:

No it is the 23.  It was in the same press release where they said an employee accidentally dumped the Saz 18 in with the Eagle Rare 17.  They were going to fire the employee, but after they tasted it they realized it was the best mistake ever.  They're going to call it Sazarac Forgiven Rare or some nonsense like that and release it with the rest of the BTAC in the fall.

Sazarare 17.5

12 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

My wife went NAS a couple years ago.

LOL

Great idea for a thread.  Would love to know how much 24 year old juice is sitting in HH's warehouses and whether it is coming from barrels or if has been tanked.

Let's all have a collective prayer that HH doesn't accidentally mix the 24 yr. with any new make and release it as some sort of fortuitous accident.  That would simply be unbelievable.

heard a rumor that everything is going up in value in the coming years.  we should bunker it all before it's too late.  except vodka.

15 hours ago, flahute said:

Booker's Rye at 13 to 14 years old. Sometime this year.

Wow.  That would be twice as old as a typical Booker's since the bourbon usually sits at right around 7 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.