Barrel Strength Bulleit

Smithford
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/6/2016 at 12:50 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

So far despite Bulleit being most likely Four Roses whiskey (although who really knows with Diageo. Might be a good place to mix in some past its prime 17yo bourbon that didn't get "accidentally" mixed in with 4yo corn whiskey...) it seems like not having Jim Rutledge available to help put together a good blend (I presume he at least had a hand in everything at FR from Yellow Label on up) has left Bulleit as an average whiskey at best despite the source, at least for me. Not sure a barrel proof version of an average whiskey is going to be anything more than, well, average.

Proof of course will be in the tasting I suppose and I will likely give it a shot if the cost isn't absurd. And knowing myself I probably will try at least one even if it is... :unsure:

I quoted you in a current thread Tanstaafl2..I could not figure out how to move your post from here to another thread.  I was thinking about getting the current Bulleit BP but have decided against it because I am thinking as you have written here.

19 hours ago, Cranecreek said:

I quoted you in a current thread Tanstaafl2..I could not figure out how to move your post from here to another thread.  I was thinking about getting the current Bulleit BP but have decided against it because I am thinking as you have written here.

Don't think I have even opened mine yet. I think others have reported it was pretty good and FR-ish. Could and probably does vary from batch to batch though (Do they say which batch is batch is which?). So perhaps still a bit of a crap shoot. If the price seems reasonable might be worth a shot.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.