What Dram Are You Pouring Tonight? Spring/Summer 2016

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mac 12 Double Cask after some spicy Chinese food.  To me Scotch holds up much better after spicy food compared to bourbon.

Mac 12 Double Cask after some spicy Chinese food.  To me Scotch holds up much better after spicy food compared to bourbon.

Agreed. BTW, how is the new Macallan?

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

Agreed. BTW, how is the new Macallan?

I'm a big fan and I would recommend it.  I love that they came out with a new AGE STATED release and I like it better than the regular 12 year.

I'm a big fan and I would recommend it.  I love that they came out with a new AGE STATED release and I like it better than the regular 12 year.

Looks like I may need to make a stop on the way home...for science.

Putting the finishing touches to a Mac 15 and then went to some Hakushu 12 to finish out. Both were very satisfying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, meadeweber said:

How does it differ from regular 12 yr?

Last night had my first autumnal (even before the equinox, GASP!) dram of Lagavulin 16.  Scotch and bourbon are not an either/or they are a both/and. There is nothing I've found readily available on a shelf that is quite like the Lag 16's balance of smoke, sweet cereal, and just a hint of fresh fruits and citrus. And that finish just warms me from the inside.

After several minutes I realized that I kept raising the empty glass just to breathe in that sweet smoke long after my last swallow. There is just something about it. I knew that I needed to move on with my evening and that I shouldn't pour another drink, but I just didn't want that quiet moment to end.

5 hours ago, MeAndMyWhiskey said:

Last night had my first autumnal (even before the equinox, GASP!) dram of Lagavulin 16.  Scotch and bourbon are not an either/or they are a both/and. There is nothing I've found readily available on a shelf that is quite like the Lag 16's balance of smoke, sweet cereal, and just a hint of fresh fruits and citrus. And that finish just warms me from the inside.

After several minutes I realized that I kept raising the empty glass just to breathe in that sweet smoke long after my last swallow. There is just something about it. I knew that I needed to move on with my evening and that I shouldn't pour another drink, but I just didn't want that quiet moment to end.

Lag 16 is in my top 5 whiskies made anywhere on this planet.  Great, great, Great whiskey.  I'll hit it myself this evening!

On 9/21/2016 at 6:59 AM, BigPapa said:

How does it differ from regular 12 yr?

It's a more well balanced Sherry expression from what I remember but I'm hoping to do a SBS in the near future and I'll have more details.

4 hours ago, meadeweber said:

It's a more well balanced Sherry expression from what I remember but I'm hoping to do a SBS in the near future and I'll have more details.

Thanks

Tonight I finished the last wee bit of some nice 13-year Trader Joe's Speyside Scotch, about 35g.  Sipped slowly neat, it's a nice pour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.