What rye are you drinking Spring/Summer 2016

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a little Willett 3 year. I think the improvement from the 2 year version is pretty significant. That extra year took off sme rough edges and toned down some of the acetone and medicinal flavors. Really looking forward to seeing what the 4 year is going to be like, as I was a fan of their old MGP 4 year bottles

13 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Having a little Willett 3 year. I think the improvement from the 2 year version is pretty significant. That extra year took off sme rough edges and toned down some of the acetone and medicinal flavors. Really looking forward to seeing what the 4 year is going to be like, as I was a fan of their old MGP 4 year bottles

It wouldn't surprise me if the 3 year small batch has some 4 year old barrels in it now. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen any 4 year rye bottlings from them yet. Maybe they're trying to build up some stock first.

First go with James E. Pepper, or is it, since it is MGPI.  It is typically MGPI with the minty, earthy flavor.  Drinks much lighter than 100 proof.  At $21.24 for a bottle of 2-year old 100 proof MGPI rye, it is a pretty good deal.  It reminds me of the old days when I could get a bottle Willett 4-year old rye (MGPI) for $30.

13 hours ago, Prof_Stack said:

Finished the last 50 or so grams of Bulleitt Rye, from a 1.75L bottle.  Slow sippin' it neat.  

You weigh your pours of whiskey? That's dedication!

Ending the night with a nice pour of Baby Saz that I haven't had I quite a while.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Making cocktails with the end of a bottle of WT 101 rye. Such a good value for $28/liter, which I can get it for as long as I know where to look

48 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Making cocktails with the end of a bottle of WT 101 rye. Such a good value for $28/liter, which I can get it for as long as I know where to look

Nice price. It's hard to find in MD but well worth the $38 per liter I paid. Started my night with Pikesville 110 and then Blanton's. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.