Press Release: Luxco Releases Blood Oath Pact No. 2

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ultra-premium Blood Oath Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey announces second expression in series

(St. Louis) March 28, 2016 – St. Louis-based Luxco has launched Blood Oath Pact No. 2 – the second expression in the limited release, ultra-premium bourbon series, Blood Oath. Blood Oath combines rare, top-notch bourbons, blended and bottled by hand for a distinctively exclusive and unimagined Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey. Pact No. 2 is a masterful union of three well-bred bourbons ranging in age from seven to 11 years. The first, a seven year rye bourbon finished in port barrels, is artfully joined by an 11 year wheated bourbon and an 11 year rye bourbon. Pact No. 2, bottled at 98.6 proof, is available in limited quantities nationally in 750ml bottles, with a suggested price of $99.99.

“Pact No. 2 is a rich marriage of three carefully selected bourbons, hand blended and bottled for a unique combination and exceptional taste,” says John Rempe, creator of Blood Oath and Director of Corporate Research and Development at Luxco. “The rye mash bill of the 11 year offers an oaky and spicy flavor, which is smoothed out by the extra-aged wheated bourbon – while the port-barrel finished rye brings it all together with a velvety sweet finish.”

Blood Oath Pact No. 2, just like its predecessor, is topped with a custom, eco-friendly natural cork, sealed and labeled with certificate-style paper stock signed by John Rempe. New for this year, each bottle of Blood Oath Pact No. 2 will be sold in a commemorative fire-branded wooden box. The Blood Oath series launched in 2015 with Pact No. 1, and will highlight a different variant, or Pact, each year.

“Pact No. 2 has a slightly fuller mouthfeel than Pact No. 1 with an oaky, caramel and cocoa aroma and a smooth flavor. The port-barrel finish really brings out the spice and fruit finish flavors,” says Rempe. “The freedom to choose the bourbons with the most complementary flavor profiles for Blood Oath allows us to create something truly special.”

Pact No. 2 is limited release, with only 7,500 3-packs created – this bourbon will never be made again.

For more information on Blood Oath, visit bloodoathbourbon.com

About Luxco

Luxco, Inc. is a leading producer, importer and marketer of beverage alcohol products. Our mission is to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our consumers, associates and business partners. Founded in St. Louis in 1958, where it is headquartered, it is owned and operated by the Lux family. Its portfolio of brands include: Juarez Tequila & Triple Sec, Pearl Vodka, Everclear Grain Alcohol, Arrow Cordials, El Mayor Tequila, Ezra Brooks & Rebel Yell Bourbons, Lord Calvert Canadian Whisky, St. Brendan’s Irish Cream, Salvador’s Cocktails, Yago Sant’ gria and other well-recognized brands. For more information about the company, visit luxco.com.

For more information, contact:

Pia Reinhold at preinhold@commongroundpr.com

Maggie Hallam at mhallam@commongroundpr.com

Announcer: "So here's your last deal Mrs. Presky -- now, which would would you rather do? Hit this dude over the head with a bag of sugar, or beat out that rhythm on the drums?"

Mrs. Presky: "Er, uh, I'll take the bag."

Announcer: "You mean your gonna trade this four foot cube of 18 carat Swiss Bouillon and  the snake knives, Mrs. Presky, all for that little bag ?"

Mrs. Presky: "Yes!"

Announcer: "Well alllllright!! Open it up!!"

Mrs. Presky: "Why ... why ... this is a bag of shit!"

Announcer: "But it's really great shit, Mrs Presky."

We'll just see how this experiment of opening the press release forum to comments goes. I have my doubts. :D

"But it's really great......"     Marketing 101   ....Convince folx it's 'really great'   ..... That's why we have so little of it, and why we must charge so much for it.    Yeah, right; that's it!

At 22,500, that means that there is only enough for about half of the SB membership.  Anybody want mine?  Take it.  I'll just sit here with my case of OGD and my case of VOB and . . . 

I'm in because of the eco-friendly all natural cork topper. It's important to signal virtue with your retail purchases these days.

Seriously, I'll pass on this one just like I passed on the first one. I do look forward to seeing the guys on facebook post about how this is "best juice they've ever tasted".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.