Abraham Bowman Release List

silverc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

These have gotten even harder to find locally and a bit like PHC are seemingly getting more expensive with every release. I

Of course, brah - Bowman be truckin' in that Pappy Juice!!! People done figured that out, yo.

Just now, The Black Tot said:

Of course, brah - Bowman be truckin' in that Pappy Juice!!! People done figured that out, yo.

Well, the Pappiez are always at their best with a Gingerbread finish. Everybody knows that! ?

• I like it 1

It's weird that they're calling it Gingerbread #2 as it's their 3rd release that has aged in Hardywood Gingerbread Stout barrels.  I think the Cocoa name in the Gingerbread Coca release was just based on a tasting note and not any actual additives.

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, JoeTerp said:

It's weird that they're calling it Gingerbread #2 as it's their 3rd release that has aged in Hardywood Gingerbread Stout barrels.  I think the Cocoa name in the Gingerbread Coca release was just based on a tasting note and not any actual additives.

I have a chance to purchase this one and literally know nothing about it.  I am generally not a fan of finished whiskeys and see that the Gingerbread #1 was not the most well received.  

Anyone try this? Would have been much more excited if  Release 18 (the 14 yr 140pf) one had made its way out here. 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I have a chance to purchase this one and literally know nothing about it.  I am generally not a fan of finished whiskeys and see that the Gingerbread #1 was not the most well received.  

Anyone try this? Would have been much more excited if  Release 18 (the 14 yr 140pf) one had made its way out here. 

Don't know if this is too late, but I'd give it a try if you could.  I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few friends who have had it and say that it's very good.

The Release 18 was a very very small release.  I think only around 250 bottles were released as it was supposed to be a double barrel finish and it didn't pass quality control.  They ended up releasing some control barrels that were aging alongside it.

• I like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:39 AM, JoeTerp said:

Don't know if this is too late, but I'd give it a try if you could.  I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few friends who have had it and say that it's very good.

The Release 18 was a very very small release.  I think only around 250 bottles were released as it was supposed to be a double barrel finish and it didn't pass quality control.  They ended up releasing some control barrels that were aging alongside it.

I did end up picking it up, thanks.  I also have not tried it yet, but will post when I do.  Wow, that is a small release.  Did you end up getting to try #18?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

I did end up picking it up, thanks.  I also have not tried it yet, but will post when I do.  Wow, that is a small release.  Did you end up getting to try #18?

I did end up getting to try it as I was able to attend the release dinner (they let us purchase a bottle too).  It was very good.  I'd put it behind the Sweet XVI and 12 year Port Finish but it's definitely ahead of a bunch of others (I really love the Coffee Finished one, but that one is very weird).  I haven't had the really early or TPS barrel proof ones so I can't compare it to those.

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

The release calendar on Breakingbourbon.com shows a TTB submission dated 1/27/21 for a 134 proof cask strength Abraham Bowman release.

https://ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=21027001000170

I've noticed this is listed on the NC ABC Commission's Feb-Apr quarterly price list as well. I've never had one of these limited edition expressions, but am a big fan of barrel strength bourbons & have loved everything I've had from this distillery thus far... so this particular release is extremely intriguing to me.

Any idea when these releases typically roll out?

Edited by k-train

• 10 months later...

Abraham Bowman #21 was released at the distillery earlier this month. Two barrels worth of 9 year bourbon that were then finished in rum barrels for 6 years. May be the most limited Abraham Bowman release ever (aside from the TPS single barrels I guess).

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list:

Abraham Bowman Rye 11 year (1998/2009) 90 proof  

Abraham Bowman Rye 9 year (2001/2010) 90 proof  

Abraham Bowman Rye 10 year (2001/2011) 138.8 proof  

===================================================

Abraham Bowman #1 Rye 9 year  90 proof

Abraham Bowman #2 Cask Strength 18 year 138.6 proof

Abraham Bowman #3 Cask Strength 17 year 147.5 proof

Abraham Bowman #4 Port finish 8 year 100 proof

Abraham Bowman #5 Last Millennium 13 and 15 year mix 100 proof

Abraham Bowman #6 Gingerbread Beer finished 7 year 90 proof

Abraham Bowman #7 Port finish 12 year 100 proof

Abraham Bowman #8 Double Barreled 7 year (2006/2014) 100 proof  

Abraham Bowman #9 Cider finished 9.5 year 100 proof

Abraham Bowman #10 Vanilla Bean 9 year 90 proof

Abraham Bowman #11 Coffee finish 9 year 134.6 proof

Abraham Bowman #12 High Rye 7 year (2007/2015) 100 proof  

Abraham Bowman #13 Touriga & Merlot Wine finished 11 Year (2004/2015) 100 proof  375ml

Abraham Bowman #14 Wheat  Bourbon 9 year (2007/2016) 94 proof  

Abraham Bowman #15 Gingerbread Cocoa finished 9 year (2006/2016) 90 proof  375ml

Abraham Bowman #16.1 Sequential Series - 2nd Use Barrels 12 year, 5 month 100 proof 375ml

Abraham Bowman #16.2 Sequential Series - 4th Use Barrels 12 year, 5 month 100 proof 375ml

Abraham Bowman #17 Sweet XVI (Wheated Bourbon) 16 year 116 proof 

Abraham Bowman #18 Bourbon Whiskey 14 year, 5 month 146.1 proof 

Abraham Bowman #19 Twice Finished 13 year 100 proof 

Abraham Bowman #20 Gingerbread #2 10 year, 6 month 110 proof

Abraham Bowman #21 Rum Finished Bourbon 15 year 100 proof

Edited by JoeTerp
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.